Author: ychanlili

How to give ourselves a proper English name? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-19 14:01:32 |Display all floors
How about my questions in post #4 - what kind of meaning do you want? As sockmonkey said, our names have meaning, but people don't usually know other people's meanings unless they ask. My first name means "fortress", which is a protective wall around an important place, like the wall around the Forbidden City, or the wall around Xi'an. But no one knows that! I only know it because I looked it up a long time ago.

If you just want it to sound good, what are your favorite sounds or letters? Do you want some other "L" name suggestions?

About how old are you? In the US, names go through cycles of popularity. I have seen some young children with "old lady" names. They sound nice to someone with no bias, but to us they would be more likely to be our grandmothers' names, so it is a bit strange!

I would like to help you, it sounds like fun, but give me some clues as to what you like by answering my questions!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 10:48:13 |Display all floors
I  join A america company,so i must get a english name.

I want to know  how to get an english name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 12:08:19 |Display all floors

maybe this will help

http://www.21kc.cn/regfile/namegirl.shtml

it is a webpage for kids, but the names there are useful, also for adults.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 14:06:03 |Display all floors

Reply #5 ychanlili's post

How about Yesterday Chan!!!

In short, people can call you YES Chan, that's positive.
Cool? You decide.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 17:32:30 |Display all floors
Andy is my english name.
A lot of people ask me i select this name because of the famous singer Andy Liu,frank speaking, i like Andy Liu,but he do can not effect me and also the reason i have the name.
Andy means hardwork,diligent,humor and handsome guys in Ancient Greece,although i am not handsome,
the rest advantages i believe i have,so i select this name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 18:11:27 |Display all floors
hello everyone  ! i am newcomer , i am a girl  , long before i hope have a english name ,but i found it very hard ,because have no .i need your help , can you help me ,thank you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 18:20:47 |Display all floors

Reply #13 foreverling's post

Everling Ling is a good one.
It is close to Evelyn.

Think about it, no one has it.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.