Author: buaawj

错误及修正 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-20 22:25:07 |Display all floors
i believe there are differences between a web-version of english introduction to a chinese university and an online copy of a chinese university president's welcome speech. the former is expected to be a very well-written piece of text that serves as the "face" of a person called THIS UNIVERSITY (which is supposed to be flawless, isn't it?).  

the welcome speech has a quite different function, for which perfection in language is not a primary concern as long as the message is delivered with warmth and inspiration.  as these are quite personal messages from university presidents, why not just let the imperfect english text as it is?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-21 07:12:17 |Display all floors
Quote:

as these are quite personal messages from university presidents, why not just let the imperfect english text as it is? - Nyleda

IMHO, a Univ. president's welcome speech has the same "FACE" value as that of its introduction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-22 13:12:20 |Display all floors
名牌大学的网站上有这么多的低级错误实在是不应该。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-24 12:17:44 |Display all floors

Reply #31 laoxianggg's post

I compeletely agree with it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-26 22:40:42 |Display all floors
Foreign linguistics and apllied linguistics is a self-independent discipline. The initial part of this disciplinary term, namely, foreign linguistics generally refers to western linguistics in contrast to traditional domestic linguistics of China.
L'internationale sera le genre humain.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-28 00:12:39 |Display all floors

It is beyond my expectation

It is beyond my expectation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-29 18:17:17 |Display all floors

Reply #1 buaawj's post

We need more comments on it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.