Author: eightyeight

What Do You Think Is The Meaning Of Life? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-3-9 16:13:12 |Display all floors

To love, to be loved

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 17:17:23 |Display all floors

I have to agree with wannabe.

would you seriously expect a jew to see hitler with love?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 17:31:06 |Display all floors

some thoughts ... so many interesting answers

reply to otis22: to reproduce the species, is an answer my father would have given, I think.

reply to threebowls: The musical rock group The Eagles did a whole song, Forgiveness -- it was the begining of their reunion with each other.

reply to caringhk: meditation without life experience?-- One might starve to death?

reply to tempax: The Beatles sang, All You Need is Love!

You are all very clever ...

:)

[ Last edited by eightyeight at 2006-3-9 05:34 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 17:46:19 |Display all floors
Originally posted by eightyeight at 2006-3-9 17:31
reply to otis22: to reproduce the species, is an answer my father would have given, I think.

reply to threebowls: The musical rock group The Eagles did a whole song, Forgiveness -- it was ...

then your father is a wise man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 17:46:24 |Display all floors

Reply #24 eightyeight's post

Sakyamuni while learning under the 5 teachers who practised extremes and starvation by eating only few morsels of food or sometimes none at all turned into all bones and skin. It was from here he realised starvation is not the answer.

While taking a bath by he river, he saw a coconut shell travelling upriver against the current and here he realised the middle way........
He fainted when he came up from the river. When he was awake, a cowgirl gave him milk rice with honey and he regained his strength. He meditated and during that moonlite night,attained Nirvana. So he became Buddha Sakyamuni who body turns golden,the world gave an earthquake with delights, celebration by heavenly beings follows.....

Now simple, follow Buddha advice
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 20:34:20 |Display all floors

reply to otis22

[grin]

A biologist might say that the primary biological function is to produce VIABLE offspring -- in the modern human world, viable offspring would require some astute nurturing skills. Neverhtheless, it does not address the point -- if that is all there is to life's meaning, then one might live a very shallow existence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-3-9 20:40:52 |Display all floors

[tickle caringhk]

Religions serve many purposes, I do reckon: there are as many religions as there are different approaches.

As for Buddha -- what's beyond the void?

As for me, I do not accept the idea of extremes to achieve one's needs. To find the inner-self, it is very helpful to have a teacher or guide, no doubt, and, no doubt, Buddha is one of the best of these, but I do reckon he ain't the only one.

Was it cruel of me to limit the answer to five words or less? I don't know. I hope to see how clever and to what depth the readers in this forum have. I sure ain't no brighter than any of the rest of you, and I am not at all disappointed!

Thanks folks!

:)

[ Last edited by eightyeight at 2006-3-9 08:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.