Use magic tools Report

honest2at has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-14 15:52:48 |Display all floors

TV is not real life, not real in America

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-18 11:14:21 |Display all floors

depend on yourself

everyone has different attitudes about the sex. and things now are really changed, even at university you can get a condom by the aoto machine, so now, our way of thinking is changing to the good and modern way. in big and international cities, a lot of lovers have sex before marriage, it is normal now, so please change your mind, holding is good? the answer is no!!!! remember develop and open up.

Use magic tools Report

dreads has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-18 12:01:42 |Display all floors

Western Girls

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-21 01:10:46 |Display all floors

western girls

Well, American tradition is Puritanism, and I think it's still deeply rooted there despite the popular culture, and in fact, every few years or so, it goes thru a revival (as in when the conservative Bush won the election).

If you want my personal and independent experience from both countries (China and USA) -- and I am neither -- sexual promiscuity is about the same.  Americans certainly like to TALK about sex A LOT more, whereas it's somewhat a taboo in China to talk about it.  It is certainly not true that  "Americans sleep around more."  Don't get confused by all the talking.  American women and men talk the talk, but often don't walk the walk.  Also, don't forget..... here in China, the Americans you will meet are generally liberal in every way.  That is why they came to China (very few old-fashioned, conservative Americans come to China other than for one week as tourists).  You don't get a representative sample of Americans here in China.

You would be surprised to know that in most of the USA chastity is still highly valued, and often the sexually promiscuous (especially women and girls) are shunned from society, religiously and otherwise.   You have heard of the term "slut."  NO girl wants to get that label, I don't care how much she talks about sex.  It gets even worse and more conservative in certain parts of the country: sex there is even more taboo than in conservative parts of China!  

Sex and the City.  There is no show that's LESS about America than that one.  It would be like a show about... hm.... that's a good question.  What is it that very few Chinese do?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-21 01:40:35 |Display all floors

oh yeah

Imagine a TV sitcom about Chinese wine connoisseurs in Beijing...

It becomes popular in the West, and then you go to visit there and everywhere you go, they immediatelly offer you wine, because they all think the Chinese are crazy about Merlot.

That's Sex and the City.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.