it happened on 4.17

terrible sandstorm-----shock me a lot  lol

[ Last edited by mollymoo at 2006-4-19 10:05 AM ]
200604180954418f8f6.jpg
~★~大家好~★~

▄︻┳┻═ - - - - - - -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 00:19:19 |Display all floors
Ooh! I haven't been to this thread in a while! It's so much fun!   I love the map in post #30, the one that says "commies" all over it. You know, i must admit - when I was VERY young, like maybe 5yrs old and didn't understand where countries were in the world, I thought it looked like this. The blue is the US, the red is Russia, of course Russia must be RED. The little purple thing is England. Why? Because in the 70's all I heard was things about Russia on tv, I didn't know about other countries yet, except England, because I remember someone telling me, while standing at the beach, that if I went straight across I would get to England. So that's what I imagined.

Oh, what does the writing on the car say?
map.jpg
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 11:09:00 |Display all floors
Originally posted by solnyshko at 2006-2-23 19:03
I'm just come back from my trip:)

I must say that BeiJing is really a beautiful city, most of all i liked the Summer Palace...
In winter with the iced lake was really wonderful:)

About the A ...

And don't forget the Great Wall.
Actually, most of people have just been to the badaling part of it.
Besides it, some parts which are not explored very much are worth a visit more, well, at least in my view:)
Great Wall - Jinshanling-Simatai or Jiankou-Mutianyu?
www.thatsbj.com
Beijing's best English classifieds! Free!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 11:28:52 |Display all floors
I've only been to badaling. Which part would be the most rustic - untouched, old & natural?
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 15:17:10 |Display all floors
Originally posted by freakyqi at 2006-4-20 00:19
Ooh! I haven't been to this thread in a while! It's so much fun!   I love the map in post #30, the one that says "commies" all over it. You know, i must admit - when I was VERY young, l ...

the Chinese words on the car mean:
it`s raining下 soil /sands土 in Beijing!!
~★~大家好~★~

▄︻┳┻═ - - - - - - -

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-4-20 23:49:35 |Display all floors
Freakyqi, I went to Simatai last time I was in Beijing. It's supposed to be the most untouched and natural part of the wall that's open to visitors. It's also really really steep. I liked it there, though... the fact that it was less well-known and far from the city meant there were fewer tourists, and it was a good workout!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.