Author: piraeus

marriage, Is it a duty for us? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-27 02:38:32 |Display all floors

marriage

In my country, many ppl don't get married, yet, almost 85% are Christian. For me, I would see marriage as a full-stop. That's when you stop searching for anyone else because you have found someone who you feel you are very happy with. That should only happen after really knowing someone. Also, I would have to be stable in my career and education... and of course, a home..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-27 02:53:46 |Display all floors

Davina, you are wrong...

Originally posted by divina at 2006-2-23 18:16
Marriage I suppose would depend on the individual... their principles etc.... Chinese in general put sooooooooooooooooooo much emphasis on marriage but what for when so many of them don't even have a religion!!!

Can you explore:

1) In the human history, which came first, family or religion?

2) Comparing the devorce rate, which is higher, China, which you believe don't have religion, or "western countries" that you believe have religion?

By the way, I have my religion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-27 03:53:32 |Display all floors
"In the human history, which came first, family or religion?"- family did ofcourse..
"Comparing the devorce rate, which is higher, China, which you believe don't have religion, or "western countries" that you believe have religion?" western countries?
"By the way, I have my religion."- good for you
what is your religion? are you christian? have you had sex before marriage? if you can have sex before marriage, then you have to be kidding yourself preaching about religion..scratch that- you're not even allowed to jerk off.. tell me a guy who doesn't do that. I hate it that the ppl who preach abt religion, are the ones who commit the most sins! Marriage doesn't prove anything and has lost a lot of value over the years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-27 04:25:41 |Display all floors

Divina!!!

Originally posted by divina at 2006-2-26 22:53
...scratch that- you're not even allowed to jerk off.. tell me a guy who doesn't do that...

You are wrong again.

Religion is not about the jerk-off or not.  Everyone in the modern time knows it is a nature urge.

Can you explore the history of Copernican? What is the truth of a religion?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-27 17:32:33 |Display all floors

thank you all very much for your chatting topic and your idea

Good day!
thank you all  very much for your chatting point and your idea.I learned so much for this topic and feel so happy that i have been having none pressure of marriage from anyone so far,even that i am 26 years old.But i think the said pressure is coming up,nearer and nearer,just varies with time...and what the matter is i just left university only 2 years(graduation,2004),and my business,my career gets nowhere,exactly speaking,almost make nothing different from what i was when i just left university....

Bst rgds

Birchen Chan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-27 17:58:22 |Display all floors

be practical, be positive, just take "pressure" as motivation

>>i just left university only 2 years(graduation,2004),and my business,my career gets nowhere,exactly speaking,almost make nothing different from what i was when i just left university....<<

Make a review and find the way to improve.

Cheers!
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-28 22:33:26 |Display all floors

Afri-

Why do you keep insisting I'm wrong... I can AGREE TO DISAGREE... CAN YOU?? MY BELIEFS ARE DIFFERENT FROM YOURS. I HAVE MY OWN GOD, IN ME AND I DON'T WISH TO FOLLOW THE CONVENTIONAL ETHICS OF WHAT'S GOOD AND EVIL TO THIS WORLD. I HAVE MY OWN BELIEFS. I'M NOT SAYING "YOU'RE WRONG".. YOU'RE RIGHT IF YOU WANT TO BE.. I RESPECT WHAT YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO BELIEVE. JERKING OFF IS REGARDED DIRTY BOTH IN THE CHRISTIAN AND ISLAMIC FAITH AND MANY OTHERS BECAUSE IT'S CONSIDERED SELFISH. HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT? NO GUY WILL AGREE WITH ME BECAUSE YOU ALL DO IT.. BUT THAT'S A FACT. AND SO IS JERKING OFF, THINKING ABOUT SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOUR SPOUSE...

I LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT A PARTICULAR RELIGION. BUT I BELIEVE I'M USUALLY GOOD AT HEART- BECAUSE I DON'T BE GOOD AND DO GOOD JUST BECAUSE I HAVE TO... I'M NOT GOD-FEARING... I DO THEM BECAUSE IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO MAKE OTHERS HAPPY. ALSO, I HAVE A CONSCIENCE... HOW MANY PPL DO YOU KNOW, HAVE THAT?!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.