Author: lau_guan_kim

The face of toil and suffering: A poor Chinese woman [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-18 11:51:39 |Display all floors

Reply #32 amyamy's post

Ms. Amy, i do agree with you..

..the local government gentry has to be "worldly wise"...they must be able to observe the condition and "feng shui" of their village,city etc.....

and make the decision suitable to bring the "Best results" to their brethrens...

..some might decide to accept their condition, some might decide to migrate....

but decision after a lengthy study, "dim sum" or "yum cha" with each other to decide on the course of action!!!!!!

cheerios!

fm
Gd.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 13:14:43 |Display all floors

Reply #25 amyamy's post

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-18 21:43:55 |Display all floors

You may actually walk a mile in their shoes

Originally posted by lau_guan_kim at 2006-2-18 13:14
Amy,

My apology in noT responding earlier due to neglect of balancing my accounrts in the books whch took me two days.

Thanks for your clarification.

You have brought up very important cri ...

To feel for them must yea be distant to walking in their foot steps or shouldering their load.  My own feelings is a picture of one person and I mean one person could not possibly tell you the story of their life man or woman in the DPRK  or the PRC for there are many people around the world working to make their spiritual life better.there are many people

[ Last edited by broken_heart at 2006-2-20 12:05 AM ]
xinsrc_08030119114342687798.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 08:24:37 |Display all floors
Originally posted by lau_guan_kim at 2006-2-18 13:14
Amy,

My apology in noT responding earlier due to neglect of balancing my accounrts in the books whch took me two days.

Thanks for your clarification.

You have brought up very important cri ...

No, you don't owe me an apology. You're too polite. I don't expect this forum is a chat room.
Yes the picture you posted is a haunting one. The photographer just captured that moment.

Here I recall the Afghanistan girl's portait in National Geographic magazine to repond to Broken Heart's last post here. The photographer said something about he saw the courage of hopeof Afghan's people. I feel that's subjective.

[ Last edited by amyamy at 2006-2-27 11:57 AM ]
afganwo.JPG
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 08:31:09 |Display all floors
Originally posted by greendragon at 2006-2-18 11:51
Ms. Amy, i do agree with you..

..the local government gentry has to be "worldly wise"...they must be able to observe the condition and "feng shui" of their village,city etc.. ...

I don't think you know what I was saying. I was asking about if let the county governments to decide how to use educational funds from central government, will it be wise? They may just put the money into short-term projects to boost up county's achievement and neglect the long-term goals.

I guess I have been watching too many CSI(crime scene investigation)TV series that I'm a bit sceptical.
Vision without action is illusion---Y.J.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 11:11:10 |Display all floors

you are telling the point

I felt very upset at the moment while i walked trought Guangzhou train station on JAN26 ,2006.  crowded people there. it seemed every one has the standing room only, waiting for the train to truck them back to their hometown  for joining the end year diner . some people kept on  waiting there anxiously for nearly 24hours ...only a noodle to feed, no water , no place to have a bath... ; it is truth---this is what the life for  most of the chinese people .  they has been away from their home  at least one year, some maybe 2,3years for trying to earn money to keep their own living.
it is true that in china , rich people become more rich because their money make them have the right to rob more from the poor workers..when will this unfair true can be disappeared???....

[ Last edited by piraeus at 2006-2-19 11:14 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-19 14:23:45 |Display all floors

Reply #37 lau_guan_kim's post

That women is suffering?

Gosh, that what are 1.0 million foreign workers living in poor conditions in Singapore....not migrant workers?

of course we do a better job in Malaya...we have built many low cost housing in Malaya.

but in Singapore, they have to rent!!!! S$350 to S$500 to a room.

when i first arrive in Singapore to study, i had to share a room with 6 other cooks because rental was so expensive (i had to pay S$60 per month)...and share it with 6 junior cooks in Tanjung Pagar. The owner of the apartment did not have a proper job so was depending on renting one of the two room in his apartment. HIs own children stays in the hall...that's 1980...when i first arrive in Singapore!!!!!

It's the same elsewhere, construction workers were mostly foreign and they stay in HUTS on the construction sites. This people were mainly people from the Mountain region of Malaya, Borneo and rural Malaya.  The cooks that stayed with me were mainly from Perak, Penang and Johor!

They only made S$600 a month...as we had continuous disruption to life in Malaya due to oil crisis, racial intoned politics....and was about recovering from all the troubles...

...you better balance your books well, Mr. Lau...

The development of man..is creeping...you'll need to give people time to increase their net worth and built up personal assets before their sources of income multiply and their skills become valuable.

of the six cooks...they work in cantonese style kitchen around Chinatown.....
they learnt from apperentice "chopping board" staff....to 1st or 2nd preparation chiefs...and now works in a 5 star hotel in Singapore, United States...
some of the apprentice "wok" chef...became....2nd to 4th wok chefs...and are now does not need to stay in 7 per room.

THAT WOMEN is being given an OPPORTUNITY TO BE MIDDLE CLASS or RICH...by travelling to the city, she is learning a skill, and if she is careful..opportunity to gather capital....

ie. if you stay 7 to a room (i was the only student there..my mum drop me off in that place to learn "hardship" + my budget was only S$350/month)

TO MAKE A SCENE ON THE CONDITION OF THE WOMEN is AN INSULT TO ALL STRUGGLING CHINESE PEOPLE IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

yOU B-a-s-t-a-r-d!

fm
Green Dragon

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.