Views: 7305|Replies: 28

let 's talk about people of different coutries [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-8 13:12:41 |Display all floors
let 's talk about people of different coutries
Each of us hv our own experience getting along with people from different countries.I would like to hear your opinion.I hear that generally US people easy going, Australian easy going,Englishwhat about people fr

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 13:22:04 |Display all floors
well...it depends on the culture and habits..instead of a particular country..
Im born in the Netherlands and work/live in Shanghai for already 1+ year.. and know both areas quite well...
roughly a short description:
Dutch people are DIRECT, open and can be friendly or easy-going.
ever heard of 'GO-dutch'? yes... each pays for itself; this also remarks that Dutch people are quite realistic and want just fair-fair... no racism etc..but as always there is enough racism between Dutch people and others...

As for Shanghai , China...  like Holland, Shanghai is also a multi-cultural area, with many many people from all over the world... Shanghai as its modern metropole, has its traditional side... especially from our parents and above; the 1st generations....
Shanghai is becoming more and more multi-cultural with so many migrants...and nationalities..... where real Chinese traditional culture  (like 'WE' & family is very very important.)
vagues away slowly....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 13:57:19 |Display all floors
It sounds you like Shanghai very much..

well,my boss is a gemany,he is very humourous sometimes and making scheduals all the time..he is very energic but critical always ..and he is very gentle to gals..

I have friends from USA ,UK,Canada,  Frence and Russian.Ukraine
they are all very kind and i think if I make a comment here , the comment must be unfair and subjective to some degree.

"well...it depends on the culture and habits..instead of a particular country.."
that's right,maybe you don't like a person coz his or her personality ,and having nothing with where he or she from..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 14:07:59 |Display all floors
Originally posted by winddancer at 2006-2-8 13:57
that's right,maybe you don't like a person coz his or her personality ,and having nothing with where he or she from..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 14:12:08 |Display all floors

culture

Yankees are not as easy going as you think  Aussies and Kiwi's are and English mostly are.But friendly ness towards strangers is mostly Asian.Maybe I have found this to happen to me as I am a White Aussie and go to many countries and have allways found the Asian countries are nicer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 14:27:49 |Display all floors

Right on andrew!

Us aussies are the best! always humble and modest too!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 15:21:57 |Display all floors
Originally posted by otis22 at 2006-2-8 14:27
Us aussies are the best! always humble and modest too!

lol do I smell 'nationalism pride' here?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.