Author: wchao37

1976-2006 -- watershed years to initial prosperity [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-11 13:01:00 |Display all floors

Reply #21 wchao37's post

Thxs Mr Chao for the reply and effort.

I have to check with my elder cousin who went to Xiamen
and came to know about it. I think a place famous for Hutou ricenoodle.
Have discussed with few chinese nationals who are here selling China products and they know little. We are Ang Kooi(Perhaps Eng Choon in Fujian)

Now i am getting someone to bring me the highest priced incensce at about RMB350/box.

And i know Emperor Kangxi had a famous concubine from Fujian.
What's on your mind now........ooooooooooooooo la la....Kind Regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 13:17:57 |Display all floors

From Emperor Kangxi to Premier Zhou

Anyone working for the good of the people deserves our respect.

We don't have to LOVE someone for him to be great.

There are great ones whom we never even liked, let alone loved, like that pugilist Mike Tyson.

caringhk:

I appreciate your response.

I will keep the king kong difference in mind every time I take a shower and be on the lookout for your ancestor.

Serious.  My ancestor was the second emperor of the Sung Dynasty.

We used to have a family tablet in Nanjing tracing all the way to His Royal Highness, according to my dad.

He still has a copy of all the names locked away in a safe box somewhere.

Looks like you and I do share something in common -- we can never join the C C P no matter how many times we wash our hands and pockets every day..

[ Last edited by wchao37 at 2006-1-11 01:52 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 14:31:37 |Display all floors

Reply #23 wchao37's post

Yes Mr Chao - to know the history but not the bittery.

Ah, i have one too, Emperor Liu Bei of the 3 kingdom.
This is too far too long way. Same surname.

But i have his full of compassion.
Knowing his principles make me a better man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 15:22:18 |Display all floors

Reply #24 caringhk's post

You know something?  I like you already after this brief encounter.

You are a great source of inspiration.

Like Jack Benny used to say every time he added a dollar's worth of gas into the gas tank, "that's way too much gas for driving one block."

With you urging me on, how can Mr. Magoo stop tickling my armpits?

I wonder why that is so.

It's like the miser who complains why shoelaces are so expensive -- aren't they mostly just holes?

In this forum I have had the pleasure to meet all sorts of weirdos.  

I mean there are people so addicted to hyperbole that they can't tell the truth without lying.

You are a refreshing exception when you told me about your 95 year-old princess grandma.

I just added one "v" word to make it the whole tooth and nothing but thetooth.

There are folks here who bring happiness WHEREver they go -- like you; and others WHENever they go.

Old age used to command commensurate respect.  Not any more.

Getting old doesn't require any great ability.  All he has to do is to live long enough to write tattling PMs badmouthing people everyday..  

Let me tell you something else, caringhk.

You have probably heard that a bank is an institution that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Likewise, this forum is a place that will talk to you if you can prove you are not here to talk to anyone.

All this talk about great men and revolutions can get you down because they make you feel so small, no matter how patriotic you are....

That's why I don't blame you for your flat groans.

Some people couldn't care less about great men, when you come to think of it.

When these people don't have money, their concern is food.  When they do have the money, it's sex.  When they have both, it's their health.  

If you know this secret, doors will open for you everywhere you go.

That also explains why the old man who said he was a mouse would talk about food every time he posts in Free Talk.

When he talks about health, it's got to be a fake because no trace of sex or money is ever found on or near him within a half-mile radius..

[ Last edited by wchao37 at 2006-1-13 05:50 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 15:56:52 |Display all floors

Reply #25 wchao37's post

Thxs Mr Chao for the compliments.

I understand completely your statement esp. last 4 paragraphs.
If you look at my posts "Beijing bans gays...."
you will know me better.

I know that Mouse. Gave him some advice but don't know elder will take from junior. But from the post with the backview naked chinese lady, I think i know the inner view. Only few can skip such views.

One colleague ask me today : How are you?
I said feeling stronger as i could feel it while walking.

Perhaps sharing or creating happiness is worthy on
top of busy office schedules.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 16:24:39 |Display all floors

okay thestud

I think I just heard Jehovah roaring through the clouds demanding that we suspend the conversation for a while.  

We should.

I feel I am stepping on Jehovah's ingrown toenail.

Great men have their faults just like you and me.  

What distinguishes them from the ordinary folks is not their lack of faults, but their ability to use their talents for the greatest common good.

While the rest of us care about and protect only our little families, these men go out and make a difference for the nation in the world.

It is easy for us to find fault even with saints just by snooping around long enough.

Wasn't it true that Peter denied knowing Jesus three times and still managed to become St. Peter?

There is even a great city named after him called St. Petersberg where Russian president Vladimir Putin was born.

But looking at the larger picture, one cannot deny the fact they were the ones who brought China out of the danger zone in the last 56 years.

If you want to find fungus in my oral cavity, you don't need to use a microscope.  Take a swap and culture the specimen in an incubator.  You will see colonies of them in plain view.

Still, being able to find such fungus doesn't necessarily mean my personal hygiene is in question, or that there is something wrong here.  

It is actually part of the flora found on any normal person.

Never trust anyone who nickpicks other people's faults by using a microscope on his oral flora.

Bye for now.

[ Last edited by wchao37 at 2006-1-16 07:51 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-11 16:25:31 |Display all floors

Reply #25 wchao37's post

Mr Chao

I learn humbleness by how to straighten from inside out.
What i practised makes me happier and a little smarter today compared to few years ago. And checks with certain knowledgeable people proves it.

It seems certain people are stucked in the years '66-76.
They missed the keyword - Changes.

BTW - topic is now Pinned!!!

[ Last edited by caringhk at 2006-1-11 04:37 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.