Author: raymondusa

Taiwan: Stop Trading with China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-26 08:42:50 |Display all floors
"Japan's signing of the Instrument of Surrender on August 15, 1945 signaled that Taiwan was to be returned to China."
>>>where in said treaty does it say taiwan is to be part of china?...it does not!

"In the San Francisco Peace Treaty, which came into force on April 28, 1952, and the Treaty of Taipei, Japan formally renounced all right, claim and title to Taiwan and the Pescadore (Peng-hu) Islands, and renounced all treaties signed with China before 1942."
>>>correct but where does it say taiwan is to be part of china?...no-where!

"Japan has returned Taiwan to China. You obviously don't know history very well. "
>>>japan NEVER returned taiwan to china...if i am wrong prove it with a quote from a treaty...otherwise it is YOU who obviously doesn't know history well

The treaty does not have to SPECIFICALLY  state the EXACT words in order to qualify its implications. The fact that the Treaty of Shimonoseki was void indicates that Taiwan has returned to China. Japan does not necessary have to do the "returning."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-26 11:51:18 |Display all floors

crazyazn

Crazyazn, Alexae, and etc.

Eventually P.R.C  and R.O.C (you call Taiwan) will come to embrace each other, and integrate into one powerful country,  called China.

Have a bet?

[ Last edited by chinadaily at 2006-1-26 11:53 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2006-1-27 00:36:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-27 07:58:24 |Display all floors
crazyazn:

That's a pretty reasonable response.  Since you have lived on both sides of the Straits, I appreciate it if you would give me your reasonable response to my article "A Plan for Peace".  That's pretty close to a Chinese Federation, right?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.