Views: 4067|Replies: 4

A question about China football [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-4 13:20:09 |Display all floors
Who can tell me why the China football level is so poor? Now we can see that the gap between China  and other countries,especially the European and South America countries, is very wide.Maybe it makes no sense to compare China  with those countries,But the truth is even the South Korea is much better than China.I really wonder why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 13:52:01 |Display all floors
You should ask the officer of China football association.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 18:38:08 |Display all floors
Is the the football association's issue or the players'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-4 20:59:23 |Display all floors
My understanding is: the problem is with the Chinese football league. I guess it is one of the worst managed league in the world. There are too many problems: fixed matches, gambling and undeserved high pays. The level of the Chinese national team would not improve unless the league is appropriately managed and players, coaches, referees and club officials are regulated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 11:01:37 |Display all floors

Very good discussion here

The problems with Chinese soccer has always haunted in my mind since I started playing it some 11 years ago. I believe It's a complicated issue. You may get 101 answers when asking this question to 100 Chinese.

As time goes by, I've become more patient at the struggling Chinese soccer. I come to know to expect China to have a stronger team, or stronger league, I may still wait for at least five year.

As what the shepherd has said, China have a poor league management, which is now believed to the fundamental cause for failing to produce good players. But my question is: why is China not able to put its soccer league in order if it can manage an amazing economy growth rate for 20 years in a row. Which is harder?

That 's tricky, hurh?

My answer would be that China do not have a good commercial tradition or an healthy system for commercial operation.  Like Chinese government in endless troules of handling State Owned Enterprises, FA officials and local clubs are struggling with the patterns of commercial operation under current politcial and business mode in China.

China have been in a massive reform for over 20 years, but the country still have a lot to improve to streamline its pulic and bussiness management. Only then, China's "Super" League could be more effective as a machine of produce both good players and money.

It's no wonder that the sort of things like match-fixing occur mostly in developed countries who have great passion in soccer like Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia. They're just poor at managing.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.