Author: harriett

what's the most dangerous thing for an unexperienced girl to travel alone?NEW! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-4 10:41:16 |Display all floors

learn how to protect uself from the reality

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 13:35:53 |Display all floors

i deem`

take each day as the end!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-6 13:36:28 |Display all floors

i deem`

meet the bad person while you are alone!
take each day as the end!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-14 01:09:03 |Display all floors
Hi Harriet!
I remember this post, I didn't realize it was you. Are you still wanting to travel? My guess is yes, although maybe not right now.

You said:
"....i just think  i cant handle these things alone. does it mean i am not only unprepared for travelling alone,but also not that type,i mean maybe i am not suitable for it.i have no idea about it, just feel a little sad for myself.
any advice??ideas??suggestions??thoughts??"

I think you sound very smart, you're smart for realizing what you can't handle alone... and that makes you smart enough to travel alone... when you're ready. I don't hink it means you are "not the type" to travel alone, I think it just means you have realized some things you need to research more, and that's a smart thing.

Here's one thing I did, and am still doing, I think I mentioned it a while back, maybe here, maybe not...

You get a small box or container that you like. You can decorate it or whatever to make it more fun.... and you write down all your obstacles, one on each small slip of paper. (maybe cut one regular piece into 6-8 smaller pieces.) On each piece you write a worry, an obstacle, etc. Here are some examples:
- I will get lost
- I don't have enough money
- I will be bored

You keep all these in the box. You figure out how to solve each one, and write the answer on the back. For example:
- make sure I can speak the language
- get maps now and study them ahead of time
- save money, or make more money

As you do these things, you can throw away the papers, or keep them to see your progress later. Soon you will have worked on all your fears or obstacles, and you will be more prepared to go.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-14 13:33:36 |Display all floors

thanks freakyqi...

this is the first thread i posted in living in china, if i didnt remember wrong,hehe.  

and yeah, i still want to travel alone, it may not that fun like a lot ppl said, but i want to have a try some day.

you've mentioned the way here before, and i remember it. i think it's really a good way, but still dont know how much it can helpme. at least, i guess it will make me feel i'm ready for everything i can imagine...thanks for the tip...i will begin doing it soon...first i should find me a suitable container...
Life goes on!!!!!!!  ----  I am what I am!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.