Views: 8711|Replies: 11

Why do we learn English? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-12 12:59:16 |Display all floors
Why do you learn  English?
My major is not English,but I work as an assistant who must be excellent  in English now.The fact is in this times,a person who is poor in English is accurately a "ignorant guy".
My English is not very good.So I keep learning when I am free.I hope one day I can say English as if Chinese.Oh,very...
But on the other hand,I am anxious,too.More and more children learn English when they are very young.So may be oneday Chinese will more excellent in English rather than Chinese relating to culture and thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-12 13:41:49 |Display all floors

what you raised is Not a real question at all.

why do you learn english? i believe you are very clear why you do that. Learning foreign any language is no big deal at all. But to be good at some FL will enable you to see more oppotunities to update your life in some aspects. the  most important is you may better understand global cultural diversities. that's worth your efforts.
good luck, buddy!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-13 22:54:51 |Display all floors
well it's only for fun for me to learn English,
besides it's pretty helpful to watch some English movies. Oh geez I love movie!
你二大爷! 她有什么好?! 一对儿脑缺氧 -_-"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 02:21:31 |Display all floors

On the subject of learning English.

:)
In my view, this is an open-ended question.  Hopefully you will get many responses from different people. I guess some will say learning English is a passport to a job i.e. University professor in US, England, or Canada and others will say that it will open many windows of opportunity in their life journey. Personally, I can think of a few reasons why people want to learn English as follows:
·        Learning English would allow people to read and understand many western great minds.
·        Would allow people to watch a foreign film without its subtitles.
·        Would allow people to promote peace and friendship through better communication.
·        Would allow people to sample more cultures and thus enhance their life experiences.
·        Would allow people read many excellent western writers’ works.
·        Would allow people to engage in international trade and cooperation.
·        Would allow people to recognize that people are people, they share so much humanity in common.
·        The last but not the least, learning English (and other languages) helps people gain more understanding of self and life in general.

I am sure the list will go on indefinitely. In my view, I would say you posted a good open-ended question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 07:52:14 |Display all floors

yes great western minds

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 13:39:32 |Display all floors

Thunderbird!!!!!

Yours is the most intelligent I have read tonight! Thank you! I was starting to worry about our friends who are so bitter tonight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-14 15:10:22 |Display all floors

Learn English to get a good job

my mother says. That was 45 years ago.

Nowadays young chinese learn chinese mandarin in primary school as well English too in kindergarden.In Secondary,they learn Bahasa too.

So young chinese are lucky as they know a few languages when they graduate.....

I think to know one language and to do business worldwide has it's limitation.

Kind regards

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.