Views: 20113|Replies: 38

Can people have different codes for girlfriend and future wife? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-11 15:44:29 |Display all floors
I am not an unfaithful boy, but now and then I feel my criteria for a girlfriend and my wife vary a lot.
I have a feeling that girlfriend means people to share you happiness and romantic dreams with, but wife are people that you'd like to protect from harm and misery and devote all you heart and everything you have to.  
Girlfriend is the kind of people that may not fit you perfectly but you are thrilled to have her around. She may be the goddess fulfilling all your fantasies. But deep in your heart you may feel this girl is not the one you want to spend your whole life with, although you can't help not falling love with her.
Finding a girlfriend is to enjoy life to the fullest while finding a wife is to make one’s life complete. And one shouldn’t be too worry about their future with their  girlfriend as long asone  enjoy their  life  right now.
What your opinion on this? Am I go too far?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-11 16:09:44 |Display all floors

Sure

Girlfriend could be upgraded to wife but wife mustn't be degraded to girlfriend.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-11 18:23:45 |Display all floors

would you like to be someone's bf or husband?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-11 18:31:11 |Display all floors

would you like to be someone's bf or husband?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-11 18:40:32 |Display all floors

SUPPOSE YOU ARE A GIRL?

If you were a girl, would you like to be someone's girlfriend or wife?

or just imagine what would it be like if you sister falls in love with a boy, but the boy just wants your sister to be his girlfriend and at the same time he also has a future wife?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-11 18:54:06 |Display all floors

:)

*smiles*  maybe it's just me... but your version of a girlfriend sounds more like fling, or a mistress. i dunno man.

but anyways, how are u gonna get a wife without first getting a girlfriend? and if u treat your girlfriend the way u described it above, how the heck do u expect to get married? u know what i'm saying?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-12 07:43:29 |Display all floors

Sometimes...

... I wonder if marriage is a fading institution.
Throughout most of world history marriage was ultimately viewed as an extra level of social security. An extension of your immediate social circle that you could depend on to help you survive in times of extreme hunger or deprivation. If you read personal memoirs or journals that talk about married life even a few generations ago you are left with the impression that fear not love kept marriages together. People often put up with terrible home situations because they did not want to be homeless, hungry, or destitute. Death from starvation or exposure to the elements was still a real possibility.
As modern societies industrialize and raise the standard of living you no longer have to worry about a number of these things. Because, there is enough wealth in the country for the government and private groups to keep everyone from experiencing these extremes of suffering.
If you look at the rate of wealth for a country you will find a direct corrolation to the rate of divorces. As this fear of being alone decreases people are less likely to put up with situations they are unhappy with. As prosperity increases the threshold for divorce decreases. First its abuse, then its infidelity, then it is because you do not like the personal habits of your mate or some other equally inane reason.
Listening to people talk I have noticed that what people want changes over time and the perfect "mate" changes between youth, maturity, and old age. In your youth physical attraction and pleasure is paramount. In the period of maturity people look for someone stable, safe, and dependable for raising children. In old age people look for both someone who shares many of the same interests and who they enjoy chatting with.  Unless  you find someone who can encompass all three stages at the appropriate times I think most marriages are either ultimately doomed to failure or one partner will subsume their identity/individuality to keep the marriage from failing.
Then again, I may just be overly pessimistic near Valentines Day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.