Views: 3267|Replies: 0

Zanryu koji-orphans who have remained behind in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-23 09:22:27 |Display all floors
I happened to watch a TV program of Hong Kong Based Phenix last night. It told stories of Zanryu koji's Chinese adoptive parents.I wonder why these orphans did not come back to China to see their adoptive Chinese parents, who provided them with accomodation and family love from 1945 to the very beginning of 21st century. To support parents when they are old and not able to live independanttly is the virtue of Chinese people. I wonder why they fail to do so, I got a clue from the below ...

."...an orphan who is over sixty and has one dependent, receives a monthly pension of about 120,000 yen [less than 1,200 dollars]. If living alone, the monthly pension is only about 80,000 yen [800 dollars]. They are prohibited from sending part of their pension to family members remaining in China. And if they temporarily return to China, for example to pay respects to the tombs of their adoptive parents, they are not paid during the time they are away from Japan.

http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=17&ItemID=9047

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.