Author: chinadaily

Forum announcement: asking for your opinions [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-12-16 21:18:46 |Display all floors

VERY WELL DONE, CHINA DAILY!!

Like I said before, I thought you already had the best forum layout.

But now you have outdone absolutely everyone!

I like the assignment of moderators and I have already seen their efforts to curb trouble. That is the best of news!

You have given us back html codes, and added colorful smiles in motion -- I agree with you, naturally, that by adding some form of emotive expression you tend to return the human aspect of communication, now so often removed from the person-person, face-to-face exchange of our past, to our modern modifications of communication, like telephones and the internet (email, forums and blogs). [sigh]

I agree with canchin's assessment requesting a return of our old navigation tools. But that may difficult to do with your new platform -- which is great! I have fooled around with your new additions and I watched you all make many adjustments since you initiated it, and I am very impressed! Well done all!

The avatars also add something of character. I think it is cool that you have to earn 500 posts before you can create your own avatar -- it takes us time to get to know whoever you are, and for you to acquire a forum character. A certain amount of experience and maturity in the forum ensures your acceptance of some form of recognizing who you appear to be.

I had originally put up one of the cartoon avatars provided in the default catalog, then I finally found something I thought was more suitable: Popeye! I have since edited the Popeye cartoon: dropping out a lot of useless color and modifying the spinach can to read T.C.M. -- Oh well, I ain't no dang artist, but it was fun to fool around with for about an hour. Thanks China Daily! -- Funny stuff!

I like the addition of the statistics, etc. ...
nice additions, and thanks for the information and the feedback from you all -- your guidance is certainly welcome!

Thank You China Daily!! A job well done!

[ Last edited by eightyeight at 2005-12-16 09:29 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-16 21:33:49 |Display all floors
Suggestions:

(1) put up an ignore function.

I think it is cool that you have to earn 500 posts before you can create your own avatar

I disagree! Though I like this one!

[ Last edited by calimero at 2005-12-16 09:39 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 11:17:26 |Display all floors
i am glad to come here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-17 18:41:26 |Display all floors

Bill Gates said recently that within 5 years fingerprint identity combined with
Credit card identity checks will eliminate most impostors on the Internet.
Those who support for example the Middle East
map changing but pretend to be "innocent observers".

Soon we will have a better idea who we are talking to and I welcome
that.

No offence intended to the majority of honest forumites

[ Last edited by christopher_104 at 2006-2-17 06:43 PM ]

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.