Author: aliceliping

There is no foreigner at here,have you seen one??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-11-11 22:28:14 |Display all floors

not really...

i quite disagree, i call all of my friends crackers/redneck all the time, but they dont take it offensive... in addition, i call their friends that i never met before redneck/cracker too, but they dotn take it offensive either. words such as redneck/cracker dont have the connnotation as it had before. if americans or other white skinned people are offended by that, i think i woulda been shot in already since i use them every single day......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-15 00:06:37 |Display all floors

Many chinese 's English is good too

don;t you think so?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-15 15:28:09 |Display all floors

~_~

u must be kidding..no foreigners? haha
i am sure enough there are ENOUGH of them..

but ofcoure if you talking about COLOUR..or passport?
im Cantonese born in Holland, so yes I have a Dutch nationality and studied and grew up in Holland. My parents are from HK originally.
Im in chinese: 香港荷兰华裔  :)

im a foreigner in nationality, but very Cantonese (NOT Hong kong nese, i hate lots HK people's attitude, including my own family in HK)
anyway i have family in HK (doh) and in Holland. and now? im working in Shanghai living happilly with my Shanghainese gf.
and oh im born in 1983, that means 21 and 22 soon ^^"

cheers all

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-16 14:25:18 |Display all floors

is it important?

a person who is a foreigner or a chinese could effect someones' anything?i think it's nonsense.many foreigners are learning chinese;more and more chinese are learining english in this opening world.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-17 09:14:31 |Display all floors

not as many native english speakers as we imagine, i think

it is no use arguing in a circle if there are native english speakers here in this forum. my answer is: yes,there are some,but not as many as we imagine. as a host, i express my warm welcome to their viist to this forum. however,i have to warn those female english learners to guard against those broken reeds who may be returned overseas chineses, real native english speakers, or even non-overseas living experienced good english speakers,these guys like to crow their heads off about their good english to rope in those female babes in the woods. there are some other girls who come here to seek foreign boyfirends in the name of learning english, that is another cup of tea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-17 10:29:56 |Display all floors

count me

Hi Alice, I'm a foreigner on this board sometimes. I'm an American woman living in America. I visited China briefly this past spring and hope to live & work in Beijing next year. So you can count me in!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-30 05:32:52 |Display all floors

there are some people from overseas here

Hi Alice,

I would like to help you with your speaking skills. Please send me an e-mail and we can work together!

Jim

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.