Author: lasy2004

the difference between the chinese and american's attitude to their life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-20 11:28:28 |Display all floors

ARE YOU SURE!

To be frank, This problem is inanition. Different people have
different opinions to their life way. Do you sure people who
like saving money and give their next generation are unhappy.
or they don't enjoy their life.
Just we have an optimistic attitude to life. That' enough!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-20 14:53:48 |Display all floors

getting off the topic of money for a moment

A great difference between Chinese and American's attitudes to their life lies in differences of fundamental philosophy. Chinese tend to be fatalistic, a result of Confucian thinking, whereas Americans tend to think they are more in charge of their own destiny.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-21 13:32:49 |Display all floors

A Chinese girls opinion

A Chinese girls opinion
For me , i can used credit to purchase auto , or international travel.
But I don’t like debt. Debt oppress the sprit.
I think I just one person who responsible for my parents, society, or my nation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-12 00:12:24 |Display all floors

america was once like china ...

in terms of filial piety, saving, etc.

many chinese people seem to think americans always abandon their parents, divorce, and don't save for their children.  they might be right now, but in the past, americans had a much more conservative view of the family and finances.

sadly, i think that china is also going down the same path ... more children leaving their parents in nursing homes, more divorce, and less bonding between children and parents.  

i think everyone, both chinese and american, need to resist the influence of popular culture and consumerism.  we should not just live for ourselves, but should take care of others.

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-12 09:04:30 |Display all floors

Yes. I do agree with you

As you said, most chinese have no their own idea but just follow other's way. So there are many trick players can play big hole in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-12 10:28:24 |Display all floors

China need to be improved on their officails and education of youngers.

As a country, we are building up a Huge Debt, both in our Government and personal lives. China is emerging as a great country, but will also pick up many of the American ways, if they have not already done so.

Actually, many upper class members in China are in big debt. Some of them hold big companies while the company lost money but get loan support from the nation-hold bank every month. Some of them are bosses who are uncapable to pay the salary for physical workers. Some of them just borrow money from any friends they meet with a high benefit promise but never plan to pay back.  

In China, some official are dirty beasts because they only knwo how to get the bribery, but know nothing about production, economic, education and some subject they need to know. They got thire title with help from a adultery from wives or mistresses or sisters.

The lower class, farmers, live in a hart condition everyday in some area as the officials may rape their daughters, wives and put the husbands into jails if they have will to reject such activities.

It's is not a story but a reality.
I am lucky that I am not one of those lower classes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-3-12 16:00:03 |Display all floors

more views from becrekong pls

Hi
I am a Singaporean and living in New York. I have an office in Hangzhou since 2002.
I was very shock to read your article although i have other terible experiences in China in the last 2 yrs.
Please tell us more of what you know. Thank you and I feel that some of these are the realities that make Chinese different from the Americans. I shall feel very sorry if  i wrote something and offended any one here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.