Author: stevenchen

Life Is Boring [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-1-14 01:26:06 |Display all floors
Originally posted by victorycq at 2005-11-4 17:00
no life, no anything. USA is a free world where anyone is living as they want. I am wondering why you has such feelings.

That isnt true, you think USA is such a good place until you live it yourself. it is a country where you are stricted of many things. your friends lives pretty far and your parents work, so you're stuck at home a lot. Everywhere have bad smells, there is almost no clean air anywhere. you feel left out becuase you're not part of this culture...... the list goes on and on....
exception is, if you're a rich guy, then yea you're right, this country is great!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 07:42:49 |Display all floors
haha.. i agree... we are born... then we have to work our butts off.. then we die.. what is the point..? but life is short, so we shouldnt waste time... we should have fun even if we are working... enjoy life to its fullest..

try livin in switzerland.. you'd die of boredom...! or try england..

[ Last edited by shortornotna at 2006-2-20 11:02 AM ]

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 13:07:31 |Display all floors

this reply is to #8....

I agree. I've lived in the US all my life, and it has its up & downs like any other country.
Most americans have to work a lot, worry about bills, our kid's education, our families, our health, etc. Not everyone has a good job, or health insurance, not everyone can afford to send their kids to college, not everyone can afford a car, or to see a doctor, and many people can't afford proper food.

I appreciate my freedoms (especially freedom of speech), but it's not all a "bed of roses" over here.

Oh, and this part stinks: everyone is always trying to sell you something! Not on the streets, but I mean ads! TV commercials, billboards, everywhere you look you're being told you NEED this or that, or you're not cool if you don't have XYZ, or you better buy ABC because it's better than EFG... ugh!!! As a parent, I actually would say, "See that blue juice drink in the fancy squirt bottle?? It's not even juice, it's sugar and fake color that will be bad for your body, and the bottle will end up in a big smelly pile of garbage that will not decay for 500 years. Your great great great great great great great great great grandchildren will drive past it on their way to work, just like we will."

If you have any morals or values or intelligence (or no money), America can be really annoying, frustrating, and other things I can't think of right now but aren't good. If you have money, and want a bunch of stuff, then you'll be perfectly happy here.

BUT, I see the good points, and I'm sure no matter where I lived I would see good & bad. And I choose to live my life as wonderfully as I can, wherever I find myself.
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 13:39:58 |Display all floors
Life is boring.  So what I do in the States is try to always set a goal.  That always works whether its to accomplish a writing task or playing a game.  And I agree with you freaky about America.  It really sucks sometimes.  I mean, even though I am only 17, these stupid commercials and  music videos about the new style, fame, and fortune are just ridiculous.  Their just basically trying to brainwash my generation into thinking spending money is good and will make you more likeable.  It makes me sick.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-14 13:56:08 |Display all floors
Hooray!!!! Not all hope is lost! It's SO good to hear kids & young people with half a brain!
Sometimes I worry about the future.

I have a problem with money. I didn't have much money growing up, and I always felt resentful of rich people who seemed snobby (they were in my town)... then later I learned about all the big companies that will lie to you and feed you unhealthy things just to take your money... RRRRR!!!! It makes me so mad!!! To think of poor people (in any country) giving their money to huge corporations for junk they don't need and sometimes even HURTS them (junk food, cigarettes) RRRRR!!!!again!
I am not rich.  :L

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-15 10:59:44 |Display all floors

Hi, folks what's up...anything interesting?...how to chase away boredom?

Have you seen any good movie?....do you guys play pool?....sing?....dance?....pottery?....paint?...play card?....play chess?....guitar?...PC game?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-16 02:29:07 |Display all floors

Hello.....anyone there?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.