Views: 5034|Replies: 17

Why shall i get married? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-10-10 03:14:07 |Display all floors
clarification: i m not getting married  nor married, this question has been weighing on my mind for long. why shall i get married? Or, how can i maintain a marriage for years to come till "death set us apart" ?? I v seen happily married couples celebrating their 50th anniversary; i v seen couples get married for 20 years and split; i v seen couples being together but the husband has love affairs while the wife tries to ignore; i v seen couples stick with each other while they dont love each other; i v seen couples divorced, leaving unmendable scars on their childern's hearts..... why?? why shall i get married??? HOW AM I EVER GONNA MAKE IT??  i really do wanna get married some day with someone i love, but can i maintain a happy marriage? can he? can us?
What are ur opinions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-10 09:54:07 |Display all floors

good question

It's clear that the benefits of getting married far outweigh the repayment of staying single, otherwise the world would be full of spinsters and celibatarians.

In my opinion there has been few who don't want to get married for fear that it would not last. On the other hand, for all the people that have not married, it is simply because it's not yet their time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-10 14:05:41 |Display all floors

thnx for ur input

anybody else?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-10 16:42:34 |Display all floors

Well there's always me ;0)

Call me just a little bit different but when I got married it was "as long as it was good for both."  That worked really well because now we are divorced, glad we made the choice we did, we gave it a shot, and over four years it proved to be a wise decision because as we both grew we chose to grow in different directions.  No kids because that wasn't in the cards. No shared debt because we are just that way. No regrets because we were unsure but honest enough to share those doubts.

So how do you like them cookies, Flav? ;0)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-10 21:32:13 |Display all floors

well...not necessary to get married in order to prove mutual love...?!...

also..dont get married for the sake of marraige...

marriage is just a form...a form of mutual advantages..lol...its a mutual relation....takin advantage of each other..look at clinton and hillary....

marriage is far away...cant find the one to marry with..dont want to find one..dont want to tie msyelf down....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-11 09:17:56 |Display all floors

Marriage is

执子之手, 与子同游

simple yet complicated...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-10-11 09:42:00 |Display all floors

do not expect too much about marriage

Marriage can be simple and also can be complicated. It depends on what type person you are. But my opinion is marriage means too much and it is even much more complex than run and manage a business. It does not matter how old you are it’s all about if you are ready for a marriage or keep you commitment and promise. But do not force yourself do something that you are not able to do. That’s why people get divorce all the time. Do not worry about too much just enjoy every moment everyday. When I was young I worried too much and always made some goals like one year goal two years goal etc. sometimes “ren suan bu ru tian suan”.. so relax and slow down ..it happens then happens..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.