Author: holidays

10 moments that make you feel like a whore. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-28 23:04:01 |Display all floors

to holiday

yeah, you said it.  i once for a while didn't dare to walk out with my foreign friends, always try to use my long hair cover my half face or wearing sunglasses, but i get rid of it now. it's not all about chinese, even some foreigners would think too much if you seems to know some white guys as friends....it seems they abuse friends to some other meanings. anyway, i personally think they'd hope to think that way becoz it can make them feel exciting.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-29 09:06:40 |Display all floors

i know, holidays, its a pain in the pi gu

Yeah, its very difficult to ignore something so obvious. How does one ignore something that happens regularly in public? What is especially disturbing is that one must deal with this in China and overseas. It exposes some very dangerous attitudes. When a foreigner does it, it shows that the foreigner in question has a nasty attitude towards Asian women, viewing them as cheap sex objects. It is a deep racism and sexism that makes me sick to the core. When a Chinese person does it, it seems like he thinks he can do this becasue a woman of his own race is somehow owned by that race. It seems like he is saying "You are Chinese, so we own you and we will judge who you can love or not". Its a pity to be so insulted by scum from both nations. But they are  both scum, afterall.
When it happened to me, I confronted them and they backed away quickly. Ignorance and cowardice are often linked. But that is not something I would advise everyone to do.
The only comfort I can give you is that I would prefer to be you than them.
At all times hold your head high. Never look intimidated. Always look at them in such a way that shows them that you know that you are better than them. That hurts them most.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-29 11:50:41 |Display all floors

Right on, Emmet.

Don't let the scum define your world holidays.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-29 13:54:10 |Display all floors

Holidays

These are the problems that you encounter when different coloured skinned people are together and it seems more extreme over here in China and HK.

Whores - what people mean is by that they think that you are a prostitute. Your western style of dressing is somewhat different to what their used to seeing. It's usually out of jealous that you are a pretty chinese woman with a "white" guy. In China if your pretty you are with a man for money (stereo typing view) so people are less respectful of you.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences. I have had much in England and other European countries as I am chinese walking round with a "white" woman. sigh.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-19 09:11:40 |Display all floors

agree..

recently...have tht feelin now..

tht makes ppl feel uncomfortalbe....

whats wrong with them?....

i wanna kill my onsite manager !!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-19 22:36:03 |Display all floors

interesting....thank God I have never met that freaking situation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-11-21 13:38:57 |Display all floors

Hey dude

This is cool , funny as hell , i like it ! Really impressed by you rich , sharrp , sense of humour imagination !
Cheers

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.