Views: 2331|Replies: 5

PLEASE Tell Me How I Gonna Do?! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-9-4 13:35:34 |Display all floors
Well, I am a college student and very interested in English. From my young till now, lots of people who know me including my teachers, my friends and my parents all considered my english was pretty good. Sometimes I do feel so. But, gradually I found that I have a problem. When I was walking on the street or traveling some other places, I often met some foreign people. And I'll have some kind of motivation rushed to my head to talk to the foreigners in order to get some new experience and test of my english skill at the same time. The problem is that at the first time i can hardly hear clearly and totally understand what they were talking about although I've got sufficient practice before. I don't know which country they come. I think their accent is something strange and kinds of differences to the pronunciation from the tape which i practiced at daily time. I took such circumstances many times. So I was so confused. I was getting more and more depress and feeling nervous, embarrassed when I was face to face talking with a foreigner. Now I even scared talking to them! I start to doubt if I really have ability to communicate with a foreign people face to face.
So, PLEASE tell me How I gonna Do to deal with my problem?
Thanx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-4 15:47:24 |Display all floors

awe

Look I really wouldn't worry about this, English is spoken in so many different places that there are at least 10 accents we are looking at. 10 accents with people that English is their Native language! I used to date a boy from Scotland and i couldnt understand a word he said half the time, and I'm canadian. The only way you can get used to the other accents is if you give it a shot and stick in there. A lot of the foreigners out here are learning english too, so they have even worse accents! Anyways we are foreigners, we wont bite, we are here in China to meet chinese people, learn the language, work with chinese people and learn the culture. Dont be afraid of talking to us

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-4 15:48:17 |Display all floors

awe

Look I really wouldn't worry about this, English is spoken in so many different places that there are at least 10 accents we are looking at. 10 accents with people that English is their Native language! I used to date a boy from Scotland and i couldnt understand a word he said half the time, and I'm canadian. The only way you can get used to the other accents is if you give it a shot and stick in there. A lot of the foreigners out here are learning english too, so they have even worse accents! Anyways we are foreigners, we wont bite, we are here in China to meet chinese people, learn the language, work with chinese people and learn the culture. Dont be afraid of talking to us

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-6 15:53:27 |Display all floors

Reply: awe

Oh, Thank you for your suggestion. you know, my two brothers and their family lived in Canada. I can easily talk to them and clearly understand what they mean in English.They hope I can go studying in Canada after graduate from university. I hope so. And I need to take some preparation for study abroad.
LoL
Thanx

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-6 18:20:54 |Display all floors

Take it ez,man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-9-7 18:39:33 |Display all floors

aaroncho

no any other ideas!
just speak, speak, speak!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.