Author: devilman

because i am not white! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2006-2-6 08:44:02 |Display all floors

Thanks everyone for the support!

Since my time in China I have learnt alot about the culture here. Even though my parents are both from Guangdong, I've realized I'm more western than I had ever believed or wanted to be. I just wanted to teach, I believed that I thought that I would be a good teacher because I enjoyed it so much. Now that teaching English has become such a money making business, I don't think I can enjoy teaching like before.

I was in Hong Kong for the New Year and I was watching CCTV, It announced that there will be a new law for racial discrimination, companies that are employing people from outside the country who are more western instead of picking someone who are native Chinese for the same job. Each company seems to want at least one foreigner in their company and his pay package is usually alot bigger than most native Chinese doing the same job. One day China can adopt this law, where racial discrimination is recognized. There will be alot of red tape of why the company is taking a "white" face than anyone else; the "westerner" can do what a native Chinese can't do as explained by the company and so the question lies – “why would they pay more for a westerner when a native Chinese (with less pay) can do the same job just as well”?
"I dream, therefore I exist"
http://www.modelminority.com/

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-7 23:44:34 |Display all floors
Originally posted by tianyuanedu at 2006-1-29 13:22
why would they pay more for a westerner when a native Chinese (with less pay) can do the same job just as well”?

cuz they're whorientals who all bend over easily for the colonial masters like the dogs the chinese are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 03:05:23 |Display all floors
yeh, to be honest, even i have the occasiannal issue with indian,(especially sri lankan) and black english. i just cant get what they r saying

but theres a lot of mind lock that comes with first acquaintance. To be honest, whiteys speaking chinese always sounded much much better to me.
I mean Da Shan is bad enough, but when i see an oriental about to speak to me, my mind is locked, im thinking - "no way im gonna understand this"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-8 07:09:03 |Display all floors
Originally posted by colorfulwolf at 2006-2-8 03:05
yeh, to be honest, even i have the occasiannal issue with indian,(especially sri lankan) and black english. i just cant get what they r saying

There's a good reason to have an Indian or Sri lankan teacher then, no?
四海之内皆兄弟
-孔子

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-2-9 03:01:04 |Display all floors
& yeh should have thought about that, blame my ma.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.