Author: wchao37

Whither Japan: at crossroads on V-60 Day. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-8-23 05:38:01 |Display all floors

I am trying to see which is the offending word

E. China Sea does not carry much gas or oil deposits, but it is important because it belongs to the same continental shelf extensions as those little islands.

To budge on the East China Sea deposits would be tantamount to budging on the islands to the south on the same continental shelf.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 05:51:20 |Display all floors

trying to figure out the sensitive word

The seas east of Shanghai does not carry much deposits, but it is important because it belongs to the same continental shelf extensions as the little islands off Taiwan which according to the 1982 UN Law of the Seas should make them belong to China

To budge on these deposits would be tantamount to budging on the far greater deposits off Taiwan.

Even during these prosperous times, we still hark back to those words by Fan Zhong Yen at Yue Yang Lou:  Xian tianxia zi you er you, hou tianxia zi le er le.

That's what's being a Chinese is all about.

And that's why I feel I wasn't writing this post.  I was just fathoming the feelings and putting them on paper.

And as you can  see, I wasn't satisfied.

This was the third version in four days.  What they have done cannot be described with any humanly conceivable words.

We can only try to convey the feelings.  

I read an eyewitness account of one of their barbaric acts as follows:

One day a platoon of them kidnapped a young woman from one of the villages in the mountainous area of Central China.  

The woman had just given birth to a child and was nursing her baby when she was seized.

The Japanese soldiers gang-raped her and stripped her, and then forced her to join the march -- naked with only her shoes on.

When they were trekking along the meandering roads of the mountain, an older veteran seized the baby from the woman's bosom and dropped it down the hillside.

The woman yelled out a desperate cry and jumped to her death following her child.

Whereupon the soldiers broke into a chorus of laughs like hyenas do

I tell you: I don't understand why we have to constantly be at the suffering end of all this humiliation and bullying even after we had developed the atomic weapons.

How can we ever be sure that a country such as Japan is truly non-nuclear when it has long been rumored that they have the technology and the plutonium to assemble dozens of bombs in no time.

I understand why we have to maintain that we will not be the first to use atomic weapons because that really is a moot point.

Are uranium-depleted shells and neutron bombs considered usable atomic weapons?

Yes, as a disciple of Confucius we had all learned to treat our enemies well, but are we correct or just being foolhardy?

There is a limit to Chinese patience and reticence.

I am afraid that the day of no return is fast approaching.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 05:53:04 |Display all floors

sensitive word is...

The seas east of Shanghai does not carry much deposits, but it is important because it belongs to the same shelf extensions as the little islands off Taiwan which according to the 1982 UN Law of the Seas should make them belong to China

To budge on these deposits would be tantamount to budging on the far greater deposits off TW.

Even during these prosperous times, we still hark back to those words by Fan Zhong Yen at Yue Yang Lou:  Xian tianxia zi you er you, hou tianxia zi le er le.

And that's why I feel I wasn't writing this post.  I was just fathoming the feelings and putting them on paper.

This was the third version in four days.  What they have done cannot be described with any humanly conceivable words.

One day a platoon of them kidnapped a young woman from one of the villages in the mountainous area of Central China.  

The woman had just given birth to a child and was nursing her baby when she was seized.

The Japanese soldiers gang-raped her and stripped her, and then forced her to join the march -- naked with only her shoes on.

When they were trekking along the meandering roads of the mountain, an older veteran seized the baby from the woman's bosom and dropped it down the hillside.

The woman yelled out a desperate cry and jumped to her death following her child.

I tell you: I don't understand why we have to constantly be at the suffering end of all this humiliation and bullying even after we had developed the atomic weapons.

How can we ever be sure that a country such as Japan is truly non-nuclear when it has long been rumored that they have the technology and the plutonium to assemble dozens of bombs in no time.

I understand why we have to maintain that we will not be the first to use atomic weapons because that really is a moot point.

Yes, as a disciple of Confucius we had all learned to treat our enemies well, but are we correct or just being foolhardy?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 05:56:09 |Display all floors

sensitive word is...

E C SEA does not carry much of anything, but it is important because it belongs to the same continental shelf extensions as the little islands off Taiwan.

To give an inch on these deposits would be tantamount to giving up on the far greater deposits off Taiwan.  So it will not happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 06:30:53 |Display all floors

While it is true …

that we should NOT and should NEVER forget and  forgive what the Japanese did,

we must also NOT forget that the British were just as evil as the Japanese, not too long ago.

While one was a cannibal and subject you to instant (or not so instant) death and sufferings

the other gnawed at you piece by piece, slowly but surely.

Both are equally evil and bear the same evil designs on you.

The question is how do you stay on top of them without calling them either or any, friendly.

Let us not be a too foregetful people.

---
Whampoa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 10:20:08 |Display all floors

now and then

from the depths of the humanity in me springs forth a little voice that says, 'forgive and forget'.

But for that voice to grow into a big rumble, those who had visited hell on their neighbours and trading partners must also show true contrition and act accordingly with open hearts and minds.

They haven't.  Instead they play machiavellian tricks with words, and feign displays wuth heads-bow, hands-shake, eyes-squint and mouths-frown.  Even Bozo the clown can do better.

The whole world has seen how the Japanese government has unremittingly trivialised the bestiality of their militarists in actions that defies belief, wrought on innocents by the multi-millions across Asia.

In all of history, China and Russia stand in grief for the murder and butchery inflicted on their peoples by the devils of outside forces. Innocents raped, brutalised, murdered, defiled, burnt and genocidized by offshore imperialists.

Enough!

Until the Japanese government show fuller and truer contrition and exercise real reconciliation by compensations on her own accord and by whatever wellspring of goodwill and deep remorse within her people, not only China, Korea and the rest of Asia will look at them with deep mistrust, the rest of the world will take them at less than face value.

For true face, they no longer have.  They better wake up to this fact.

And for whampoa, the Brits better return all those Chinese artefacts and arts that were stolen and ripped from Chinese homes, carted away by their socalled victorianites;  more sins in the world were caused by those who had walked the streets of London.  Let that be an iron-brand on the foreheads of the Brits working in the Economist and hundreds of other little warren-holes of post-colonial imperialism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-8-23 13:58:24 |Display all floors

I think the alliances we have these days are different, markwu

It shouldn't have come as a surprise that now we have a joint Sino-Russian military exercise without ever having signed a military alliance like we did with the Soviets in the early 1950s.

Unlike the U.S. -Japan military alliance under the Bush government, ours is a de facto alliance brought on by geopolitical pressure in Central Asia and the Taiwan Strait.

To prevent any more colored revolutions in Central Asia under whatever pretexts and any more threats of declarations of de jure independence by the Taidus, the Russians and the Chinese have to hold their first ever military exercise together this year.

My experience in dealing with the Russians tells me that they wish the Americans could be friendlier towards them and they do not really want to become too chummy with the Chinese.  They have a deep fear of the Chinese because of the 200-year rule of the Mongol Tartars over them starting in the thirteenth century..

But the geopolitical interests of America do not coincide with those of the Russians.  In fact, the two are antagonistic rather than synergistic.

The strongest kind of alliance is one based on practical needs, and that's the one we have now between Russia and China.  No promises of any kind are necessary.  

The victory at the Battle of Red Cliff was simply the result of one sharp debate held between Zhuge Liang and Sun Quan's advisors.  It was an impromptu alliance.  Similarly, the third Punic War was won by Rome over Carthage mainly because the Romans were able to quietly drum up support from allies from most of the Mediterranean countries.

In fact, none of the signed treaties became functional, such as the German-Soviet non-aggression pact of August 23, 1939 and the other treaties within the Warsaw Pact Alliance.  Once the maple trees fell, all the monkeys hit the ground running.

As for this whampoa (Chairman) he is just trying to drive a wedge between Christopher and me by using the Brits as an excuse.  He is daydreaming.  Unless someone proves to me by his actions that he is unworthy of my friendship, I am never the first to betray anyone else's trust.  

Just get lost whampoa.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.