Author: lisabj

beijing girl looking for a foreign boyfriend [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-2-10 06:34:40 |Display all floors

A dreamy girl! she has no fault to be blamed but it is a little freak!

To intently seek for a foreign bf without any particular concrete goal; to worship the west culture without personally tasting it beforehand.

what  will this  bring forth?

I dont hope it should be a tragedy! but it trend to be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-10 08:38:56 |Display all floors

I wellcome your thinking as an international person

and your desire to broaden your horizon by choosing people from another race. Please dont change your aspirations because of senseless and stupid coments by a few inward thinking people. Remember the famous teaching of Bhaiulah "One world, one people".
I am internationilst and support you with all my heart. I haved travelled the whole world including Shanghai. When I visited Shanhai in 1990 I  had a difficult time because I did not speak chinese language but I was helped everywhere I went by the very kind Chinese people. I was impressed when I tried to give money (tip)to a kind waitress in cheap resturant she politely refused. This shows true character of the people

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-10 08:54:49 |Display all floors

Love your response!!

You sound very inteligent and a wonderfull person. I am facinated by chinese women and find them sensous. I dated a chinese girl in Thailand and in Canada long time ago and have never forgotten the wonderfull time. I am Chemical Engineer (graduated from England) and have worked internationally. I am finacially independent and therefore dont work anymore, Iam looking for a Chinese girl which has a good heart and is a nice person that I can trust and share my life and travel and enjoy with me. This is first time I have ever used the internet to find love; therefore my intentions are honest.      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-10 10:46:22 |Display all floors

lisabj: Being interested in interracial relationships and western culture does n

mean that you must find a husband from western countries. Since you are a girl with no actural experiences of a real romantic relationshp with a foreign guy, the truth may not be what you've expected. I mean that sometimes BACKGROUND is important. You can have a lot of foreign friends, but that is different from a real romantic relationship. Girls always expect more from their  boyfriends or husbands and it is not until you have experienced that you will come to your own conclusion. ONLY LOVE is far more than enough. Although human beings have so much in common, but the fact is that they grow up in different places, receive different educations, have widely different cultural backgrounds... so much difference! So, being interested in sth does not mean that you push yourself into that circle. I suggest that if you really want to find a foreign husband, you'd better first choose some guy you think is really nice and date with him. After you've become experienced, you may find that foreigners are only fit for dating, not marrying!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-10 21:46:06 |Display all floors

How can I find good wester guys to date in Beijing?

Dear lotusfan:
     Thank you for your advice, I absolutely agree with you. A harmonious relationship or a happy marriage bases on the mutual understanding on both parts, and we have to admit, it has very little thing if not nothing to do with the age, race or physical appearance. Love is a strong plant and it can survive in any situation, as long as it's true. I will surely bear this in mind when I'm on my way of seeking for love.
   According to western culture, you should date many people in order to find the right one to marry. Even in chinese culture today, dating is also encouraged. I do want to date but I find it rather hard to meet westerners in Beijing. I'm a fairly shy girl and I suppose it could be dangerous if I go to the bars by myself. Anyone can give me some advice on that? Or do you have any good western friend in beijing who's interested in meeting a nice chinese girl? maybe just as friend at first.
   Thanks!
                                                                                                        lisa

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-2-10 22:10:50 |Display all floors

To waltzer85: How do you know it gonna be a tragedy?????

1st I'm not as mentally unmature as you may think, though I'm really young by age.
2rd I know so well what the basic of love is. I think I was rational enough as to post the ad.
3rd I'm still young and I have a lot of time to learn through experiences, I'm in no hurry to marry a westerner.
4rd One should have dreams so what's wrong with being a dreamer some time? Besides I'm not day-dreaming.To like or to be interested in something is in the same sense as to like a certain kind of food, say,must I offer a good reason for my preference for western food rather than chinese food?
5rd Optimism is always better than pessimism, we should hope for the best and prepare for the worst, right? So come on, don't say " it tends to be a tragedy", even it was the truth, we should still hope for the best, let alone it isn't. You're not a futherteller, you can't predict the future. I believe that it's the human being itself who creats its own fate.
You've worried too much, smile and relax my friend. I'm not your daughter afterall.^_^

Use magic tools Report

millimon has been deleted
Post time 2004-2-11 12:58:18 |Display all floors

i agree! good reply

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.