Author: tiffin

Rural Girls in China--research seeking stories, rural girls experiences----- [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-7-11 13:10:41 |Display all floors

Rural girl -----reply to luv2fish

I understand---just being able to e-mail a response to my inquiry is beyond whats possible for most....There are some whohave responded on my private e-mail and it is clearly difficult fo some to write.
     I too love to fish although I did'nt use  that fact as creatively as you in luv2fish. My fishing was a search in what seemed an empty ocean at times . I still like to fish and try to fish where the fish are.
                       Tiffin    ---   I will be away for more than a week

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-7-11 15:11:54 |Display all floors

rural girls in China

Since rural population still captures a large scale in China, I am thinking the OP refers to rural girls especially  from poverty-stricken regions of China.

In those regions where life is so harsh for poor families, rural girls tend to give up their education rights to support families. That is why the govt is encouraging   the whole society to care those poor rural girls and help them return back to schools.

If  there are some rural girls who read your post here and responded you with an email. She would belong to another group of rural girls, who managed to step out of her village and found herself a position in a city. In this way, she may not be called as a rural girl, i think.

A rural cannot email to you, because she has no computer or internet access. In addition, even she has both of the two facilities, she still cannot write to you because she cannot write a letter to you in English.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.