Author: hexbodhi

How does an American guy date a Chinese woman? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-6-21 14:21:13 |Display all floors

re

'understanding the contemporary chinese woman's mind'

believe me dude, you're not gonna get anywhere from a book.  i've been trying for the last two years (up close and personal) to try and figure out what the fuck is going on in their minds.

it's nigh on impossible.  never met so many jekyll and hyde characters. love you one day, won't talk to you the next.  as for talking about their feelings, forget it.  it's like getting blood out of a stone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 17:17:37 |Display all floors

trying to find literature on understanding the contemporary Chinese woman mind.

Why are you only interested in understanding the contemporary Chinese woman mind... but not Chinese mind ....

The word you should emphasize here is WOMEN... the rest is simply to make it look nice.

if you are looking for Chinese Women.. then.. simply say so.  No body will laugh at you and it is up to you to do whatever you want.  But do not confuse yourself with so many flourishing words that makes me feel ugly fake.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-21 17:25:57 |Display all floors

There are many handles here pretending to be Chinese girls yet the real persons behind the scenes are China haters who intend to insult Chinese and lose face for them. We call such peope 'politician'

Hope hexbodhi be careful and lucky!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 05:41:25 |Display all floors

Whatever

laowai  ?

liangzai don't you realize racism is ugly no matter where it is?

"seeking Chinese pussy"

If wanted that I would go to a prostitute.
I am seeking a monogamous relationship with a Chinese woman.

"at least try being honest"

I was honest I said what kind of woman I am looking for.
And the intellectual pursuits reflect her interests and sharing interests is compatible for a relationship.

Did you really think literature on the "contemporary Chinese woman's mind" existed?

Yeah they do exist and they are written by sociologists whether or not I agree with them is not the most important matter for me. It is just meant to give me a general outline.

And what bonehaed would read such nonsense?

People who apparently read into any other culture than their own and have pretense of knowing alot about it or just innocently have a genuine interest in other cultures and want to enrich their understanding of the world around them.

What makes you think Chinese women are so much different from other women?
They are not much different from other women, however those small cultural differences would be helpful in taking notice if you wanted to get to know them just that little bit more.

Chinese women are women first and foremost, their minds are not very dissimilar from any other women's.

I am not disagreeing with you.

And given that the Chinese culture is very strong, how on earth do you even remotely expect finding a girl with the qualifications you describe, let alone that those really don't matter in the end?

I have found Chinese with similar interests as my own and  the cultural preferences I have do matter a little bit to me because as you will see I am a hard nosed driven ambitious no nonsense individual.

Cut the crap and go out for a night, trying finding real Chinese women with real flesh and blood.

Everyone has crap liangzai

They will not buy your quasi-intellectual drivel,

I apologize for my quasi-intellectual drivel, but all young people go through their growing pains of trying to find their own mind and I am sorry for being a young 22 year old maybe when I get older through experience and being down to earth people will appreciate that I have grown as a person and have pushed aside my immature traits..

But on a second note  they don't have to buy my intellectual drivel because I am not selling anything and I am not interested in fooling someone as I would expect them to understand what I am tlaking about.

so I suggest that you be yourself and don't try to make yourself into something that you are not.

Everyone does that its called business.

And don't fucking push that "ohmygod i'm an american" shit too much, people will just get annoyed.

I am more than just an "American" I just said that to put the discussion in a general format...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 10:19:23 |Display all floors

Any Way

1) racism is ugly but it does exist, and we have to face it because everyone has their discrimination aspects towards various things and we all have our own perference.

2)You are seeking for monogamous relationship? Sure, unless you are a rich muslim who can afford 4 wives otherwise it's illegal.  btw, you are asking the tips about dating, when you changed into marriage?

3)I think Im the contemporary chinese female at your age group, boy....but even myself don't know what im thinking of most of the time and the ideas and minds keep changing from time to time, lol...............so if u really wanna get to know of females' mind, esp contemporary female's mind....Good Luck.

4)Are you looking good? If you are cute, It should be a beautiful baby in the future.

wa ha ha, wa ha ha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 11:15:53 |Display all floors

Re: Whatever

hexbodhi wrote: "liangzai don't you realize racism is ugly no matter where it is?"

The term "racism" implies there are different races. And there are, namely three isolated African people plus Homo homo sapiens, which constitutes virtually all of mankind. I am not sure how the term "laowai" is to be considered "racist", since it just means "foreigner". In China, which have may ethnicities, even a person from across the straits is a laowai. I am self a laowai, a white European, i.e. most likely the same "race" (i.e., ethnicity) as yourself.

hexbodhi wrote: "If wanted that [pussy] I would go to a prostitute."

No. Now you are lying. The whole idea with dating women is to get pussy. Otherwise you could date men, because they can give you everything a woman can -- sans pussy. If you were interested in their "minds", it wouldn't be necessary "dating" them, now would it. Know thyself, as a wiseguy once said.

hexbodhi wrote: "eople who apparently read into any other culture than their own and have pretense of knowing alot about it or just innocently have a genuine interest in other cultures and want to enrich their understanding of the world around them. "

If you are genuinely interested in a certain culture, you need to hit the street and interact with the culture in question. Reading books will perhaps give you an abstract idea of that culture, but it will never be complete.

hexbodhi wrote: "They are not much different from other women, however those small cultural differences would be helpful in taking notice if you wanted to get to know them just that little bit more."

Know thyself. A woman is a woman is a woman. Cultural differences will be apparent on the way. And with the specific relation between Chinese women and Euro-American foreigners, the differences tend to vanish very quickly, in my experience.

hexbodhi wrote: "I am more than just an "American" I just said that to put the discussion in a general format..."

A "general format" would be: "How does one date a Chinese woman?" or even "How does one date a woman?". A guy who has "dated" -- an Americanism, since in most countries you don't date, you just meet -- women before wouldn't ask such a question.

For Christ's sake, get off the computer and in to a bar, talk to the women. "Dating" isn't a textbook subject, it is trial and error, learning from mistakes, learning by doing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-6-22 14:52:21 |Display all floors

Same way you date an American woman

I have been living here for 3.5 years, so...From one American to another:

Its simple, ask them out to lunch or dinner. Be a nice guy and be sincere. See if you like each other and go from there.

If you can speak Chinese then you will be able to meet many more women. Actually, there are plenty of Mainland Chinese women that do not speak a lot of English but are highly educated, very intelligent and would be interested in being friends with a foreigner. But you have to come across the fence to them, they are not coming to you. Learn to speak Chinese and you will be showing respect and receiving respect.

To me, the main difference between dating Chinese women as compared to American women:
they are over all far more beautiful, more friendly, appreciate a gentlemen... and there are many more of them.

Good luck

Don

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.