Views: 2695|Replies: 6

Dog gone to China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-23 09:44:04 |Display all floors
I’m planning to stay in China for an extended period of time and I would like to take my dog with me.

Does anyone in this forum have knowledge on the required documentation and process necessary to have my dog come with me to China.

I have tried contacting the consulate in Los Angeles by phone, but it has been extremely difficult to talk to anyone regarding this matter.

Any information on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-23 11:06:56 |Display all floors

about your question

I think there are people out there would like to help you with your question, but maybe you should clearly state which province or area of china you are gonna staying.
I dont understand why so many people coming to china and  just expect such a huge country can be the same everywhere they go.
dog control regulations vary very much.
however, I do wish my best you and your dog can be safe and well.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-28 02:33:22 |Display all floors

about question

Thanks for your enlightenment . The plan is to take my dog to Shanghai; he is a rotteweiler pup.  Any info you have regarding local laws will be greatly appreciated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-28 07:15:16 |Display all floors

your dog will suffer during the long flight from LA to Shanghai

some dogs die as a result of lacking care and water on the planes.  never let your pets suffer, especially when its a puppy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-28 12:29:22 |Display all floors

Adventurous

Thanks for your concern; believe me my dog gets the best of care. Rowdy is almost 4 months old and travels with me in first class seating

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-29 09:22:03 |Display all floors

Info

Check out this web-site.  
http://shanghaiexpat.com
There is a lot of good information on it about bringing pets to Shanghai.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-30 15:07:16 |Display all floors

Info

Thanks so much for youl help llilianc. I was able to get the info I needed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.