Author: swanakin

Should China forgive Japan? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-16 14:11:22 |Display all floors

Did France and Israel forgive Germany and move ON ! Chinese please move on

My grandparents were killed by the Japs but I can not bring them back, so move on !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-16 14:12:52 |Display all floors

Do you know how many people died in WWII 30 millions, majority in Europe !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 03:11:10 |Display all floors

Anyone got other figures ??

I wonder how many died in battles between the Kuomintang and the Communists inside China??

Stalin is  said to have exterminated about 20million of his own people....can these be added to the WW2 figures...perhaps not

what would the population of china be today if they didnt implement a one child policy??   (was japanese invasion helpful towards population control??)

In my family: 2 younger brothers ,dead at under 24yrs old
                        1 cousin stabbed to death
                        1 uncle POW to japanese
                        1 great uncle killed in action ww2 by Turks
                         2 grandfathers served and survived ww2
                      (oh, and me....nearly stabbed by a chinese ex girlfriend!)

The whole planet suffers from war , and even in Peace time
How can we forgive??

Learn to love your enemy                 ( just dont get caught by your ex!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 04:20:51 |Display all floors

Never learn to love your enemy, but you can forgive but NOT forget !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 13:55:48 |Display all floors

never

we will never forgive japan, because japan never stop thinking to invade china.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 14:38:00 |Display all floors

Re: never

Why do you think Japan wants to invade China? Because they attempted this before?

Should I then think that Germany wants to invade my European home country?

Both thoughts are equally absurd.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 14:47:44 |Display all floors

Re: Anyone got other figures?

During the great l eap f orward, it is estimated that some 20 million Chinese died, mostly of starvation because of the economic mismanagement. Then a few additional millions (perhaps; no one really knows) during the c ultural r evolution, mostly through violence. But your government doesn't want you to ponder these figures; it is so much more convenient directing the hatred outward, on the Japanese, or others. Hint: Japan is not your enemy anymore.

The one child policy, on the other hand, is a necessity. The resources are limited. Unfortunately, there is still a large proportion of the population clinging to very old ideas about giving birth to a son. Luckily, the laws and the enforcement of the laws are getting better and better.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.