Author: shanhuang

It was the Soviet and Chinese sacrifice that made WW II victory possible ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-12 21:53:55 |Display all floors

Yea

Yea.....my mum kicks ass...she coulda taken Hitler anyday, anytime!....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 20:06:52 |Display all floors

The Chinese won the war in the Pacific arena.

Whitedevil and his ilk may choose to be skeptical to downright rude to deride the Chinese efforts in the Pacific part of the WW2 and they would be wrong. The biggest mistake the Imperial Japanese Army made was to engage China on the mainland. Since the conflict started in 1931, progressive and incremental portions of the Japanese Army was tied up in controlling and resisting counter attacks by the Chinese. Though poorly equipped and still riddled with internal strife between the CCP and KMT they managed to harass and keep the bulk of the Japanese from going towards Australia. History showed that the USA courted the Nazis ( as did the British King ) and the Japanese Imperialists until Peral Harbour woke them up ( 7th Dec 1941 !) Please note the date, three whole years after the start of WWII in 1939. Every battle on Chinese soil was a battle to the death. 23 million Chinese lives bear testament to the courage , tenacity and will of a people who would never surrender to an oppressor.

Confucius said " We will die standing up and fight rather than living on our knees. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-13 21:18:16 |Display all floors

USA won ww2 and ww1..........that a fact

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-14 10:16:49 |Display all floors

In your Hollywood dreams.

I would not believe all that Mickey Mouse stuff coming out of Hollywood. The real world out there is a lot harsher and a lot smarter than this propaganda hog wash. We have seen movies of the US winning the Korean , Vietnam ,Afghan and Iraqi wars as well. Now pull the other leg.

Confucius said "  It is often comforting to hide in a world of fantacy. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-16 20:02:55 |Display all floors

Holy sh1t

The Chinese won the war in the Pacific arena.

No, you'd be speaking Japanese if not for the Americans. Really. How was your war going till Pearl Harbour galvanized the US?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 05:33:39 |Display all floors

Hollow claims are not enough.

tekvicious has provided us with the usual quota of neat little slogans without the benefit of facts. I have endeavoured to outline in my post that the bulk of the heavy lifting was done by the Chinese resistence well before the US even heard of the conflict. They came in only when they were hammered at Pearl Harbour .But stop harping about the altruistic goals of defence of democracy etc. The victory in the Pacific was a combined effort, culminating with the use of the might of US arms, I agree. It is similar to a goal scored by the striker when the defence has done all the attack leading up to it. To dismiss  the Chinese contribution is ignorant to say the least. As to speaking Japanese, lots of Chinese speak Japanese now. This place us at an advantage, not the Japs.

Confucius said " Truth is the first casualty of war."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-17 09:48:42 |Display all floors

mmm:

Your posts demonstarted your lack of knowledge of China-Japan war. It was just like you don't know what's GDP and what's GDP per capita.

Tell me how many years Chinese fought Japanese and how many stages in the anti-Japanese war first to show you know the basics.

Then ask yourself: What's the size of Chinese army in the war, how many Japanese troops were bogged down in China.

Was there a Jewish army in WW II?

How stupid an analogy you have picked out here.

You asked me to show you another Chinese victory, here let me give you more than one or two. Read it through:

http://www.gchjs.com/zhzs/krzz.htm#

Let me tell you again: Chinese fought Japanese for more than ten years!! We never stopped the fight and the anti-Japanese war started long before WW II erupted in Europe.

You are just another example that perfectly demonstarted to readers what I have said: The American (western) version of WW II history is imcomplete. And this is why I started this thread.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.