Author: mayday

Japanese culture [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-5-21 20:54:20 |Display all floors

kelly

Who said I was replying to you? My comments were obviously directed towards the author of this thread. Don't be so paranoid - think before you jump to conclusions.

By the way I have seen Seven Samurai several times, as well as many other Kurosawa/samurai films. I know a lot about Japanese culture, thank you very much. The prescence of samurai-films in the Japanese film industry shows that it is a format that generates interest, not an indication of samurai culture itself being relevant to Japanese people today. Most of my Japanese friends find samurai films so boring - they prefer love stories, action films, etc.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-22 10:08:28 |Display all floors

mencius

I "jumped on " conclusion that you were partly answering me, because you mentioned "peasants" and "samurai" relations in your previous post, and I was the only one raise that question before you.

Don't shy away from your ignorance, and think you can attack me back saying you weren't answering my question.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-5-22 18:55:31 |Display all floors

kelly

OMG calm down :)

I'm not attacking you. I was just making a point about the film industry in Japan. It is true that samurai films are not universally popular in Japan, nor do young Japanese always like them as much as other kinds.

How is that an attack? It's a fact.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.