Views: 2327|Replies: 1

hOw Could Foreign -Not that Popular- Survive in China singing english song for [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-15 16:37:35 |Display all floors
there is great night life in bit cities.

and there are good dancer or coach or singer of foreign nationalities working in smale scale of bar activitise.

i know one who reside in Tianjin as a drummer,

he with his groups mightbe invtied for a performance soemthing in China for 1oooo yuan one hour.

good luck friend

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-16 20:30:48 |Display all floors

Weird traditional request - I agree with you

By Kelly Sobczak
Hospitality, the Chinese Way
Yullin, China
This wasn't the plan. I was to be standing on the Great Wall, but instead I am singing "Yankee Doodle Dandy" to 150 Chinese students. Not only am I singing, but I am also marching in place. To top off the tune, a jaunty salute and an exaggerated bow are even tossed in. It is a performance I will repeat six times this day.

Since refusing the request to "Disco, madam!" at a wedding in Yemen, I have vowed during my trip never to regret doing something for fear of looking like a foolish foreigner. And so when the Chinese teens ask – no, beg – me to sing a song, I go along. True, they didn't ask for the marching bit, but I hoped it would add to the number. Judging by their wild reaction of claps, cheers and catcalls, I conclude that it did.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.