Author: adable

What do you think of university marriage? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-4-11 12:38:47 |Display all floors

re:What do you think of university marriage?

The department of education has launched a new law which allows all students in unioversities to get married if they are old enogh.It is a good news to our students,and it is a symbol that China is becoming more and more democratic.I agree with the law because it is possible and necessary under modern society.
I think that there are several reasons for the decision.First,more and more aged student are entering colleges because of the open of college entrance examination.During their study period,marrige if a serious problm.Secondly,marriage is one of the  foundmental rights of people,it is unreasonable to provent them from being married.The next but not the last is that more and more college students are selecting living together but not the marriage.It is also a serious problem for us to be profronted with.
In my opinion,it is a reasonable action for our government to allow college students choose their marriage's time freely.But,at the same time,we should notice how the married students balance the study and everyday life.Maybe,some experts could direct them in this field.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-11 15:56:35 |Display all floors

I married while a student.

I met my husband while attending a university, and we married while we were both students. I was 21 and my husband was 22.

It wasn't easy. Financially, things were tough. We both worked and were students. We've put off having kids for many years, partially because of school, and just the headaches and costs. Then we moved to China! Well, we're still trying to decide if we should have kids -- and we've been married almost seven years now.

Marriage always takes MATURITY. My husband and I had to manage money very carefully for a long time just to have enough to pay for rent, have food -- and pay for school. American colleges are EXPENSIVE!

I can understand some of the principle behind telling people they need to wait until they're finished with school. Personally, I don't think a law is necessary, but I do understand the point of _focusing_ on school first -- and then dealing with the relationship.

It would have been harder if I hadn't married, but my circumstances were unusual. My husband was there when my family went through a lot of upheavals, and if he hadn't been there for me, I don't know where I'd be now.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-11 17:25:47 |Display all floors

What do you think of university marriage?

I don't think university marriage
because university is a place for studing;if some students want to marry,they may go home first ,then go on their studying !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 09:11:26 |Display all floors

Cant compair

I really do not think that you cna compair China Policy with US Policy. Yes people in the US get married in College, but it is important to understand some differences.
1. People in the US can go to college at anytime. Most people going to college in the US today are not young, but older.
2. The United States does not practice the family values that China does, people here move away from home right after H.S. and work before finishing college.
3. China has a very large population and is working to make it so that the population gets so big that it can not support what it has. US does not have this problem so marriage at a young age is not an issue.

I am nto saying that I am for or against marriage in University, but there is a need to look at each case one at a time. We can not look at it as a whole. I do feel that people should surely be able to support each other before they get married, but love makes people do strange things.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 13:14:59 |Display all floors

I don't agree with it

In  my  opinion, university  students  should  better not  get  married   when  they  are   still   in   compus. If   they   got   married   in  university,they  would   focus   on  their  family  but   not   on   study. On  the  other   hand ,especially   for   girls, when  they  have  child  ,they   would  spend   much   time  on   taking  care  of  him. It  is  undoubt   that   their   study  will   fall   behind   others .
       The  most   important  is  that   university   students  have  no money  on  bringing   up  their  children .All  the  money   depends   on  their   parents, that  will   absolutely   move  up  their  parents'   tax.
2005041213140e9c.gif

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 14:04:15 |Display all floors

university marriage not fit chinese situation

Maybe get marry in college is common in USA or other western country, but in china it cannot be treated as a common. Actually, in western country the people more than 18 ages can support themselves. They know how to earn money, how to bear responsibility, how to communicate with others. But Chinese students grow up under the umbrella of their parents, most of them can’t support themselves, some of them even don’t know how manage their won lives well. Undergraduates in china take money from their parents for cost of living; they hadn’t ability of bearing responsibility of their won lives, how they can response for a marriage?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-12 14:41:27 |Display all floors

neither bad nor good

It's not a bad thing.
But when two college students get married,they should consider the consequences .
If they have cosidered much enough,their marriage shouldn't be obstructed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.