Views: 23011|Replies: 126

Welcome to CD (Guangdong) English Club Contact: cdguangzhou@126.com [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-31 17:44:44 |Display all floors
Subject:  How to become a member of CD (Guangzhou) English Club ?

Dear all,

Thanks for your interest in joining our club. II am writing to thanks for your letters.

I would like to ask for your attention that, please REMEMBER to mention the following informations of yourself in your letter to us:

1. Name .

Your English name or your ID on this board is a NECESSITY.

2. Gender.

3.Occupation.

No matter you are a staff or a student, you must tell us your present status.It can be a general one, but please DO provide us with it.
Since there are more and more members joining the club. We have to make it more formal.

Meanwhile, in order to remain an integrated club, we need your GENUINE informations.

We reserve the right to reject anyone who may not be really interested in this club, while join us for any other reasons.

4. Your contact way.
Email and telephone number both are ok with us.

But please pay attention to the meeting notice on this board for the coming meetings. We may not send each meeting notice to your email boxes.

I want to thanks for Bacon's earnest help and his initiative work. Since he is leaving Guangzhou, I hope there will be more volunteers would like to work for this group.

Volunteers work scope includes updating members database, contact with our meeting place owners. Schedule meeting activities and any other related jobs.

Interested parties please send your letter to sleepye in private message or to cdguangzhou@126.com.

Thanks for your attention!

Regards,
Sleepye

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-1 18:14:46 |Display all floors

Further information on Meeting April 03

Dear all,

Thanks for all of your emails. We are going to collect all of your information in our database.

Owing to my tight schedule this week, I am not going to reply all of your emails. Please note that if you have sent your information to the club  email address. You can meet us in the meeting place directly.

Zinc cafe tel No. is mentioned in the topic thread. You can call the cafe operator for detailed information. I have not been there before and I cannot tell you in details.

Since the total number of participants of this meeting is expected to exceed 25. Movement has reserved places for us.

I would like to ask for your attention for some basic etiquettes. Since it is a meeting for forumites , most of you have not met in real life, we would like to remind that every participants please , BE FRIENDLY, BE POLITE.
BE PATIENT.

It is possbile we are going to divide the group into two small teams for free talk. Apart from my proposal for discussion the different cultures of Spain and Canada, I hope there will be more proposals from an interesting talk. Please feel free to give us your suggestions.

I wish all of us will have a great Sunday afternoon.

Sleepye

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-3 22:34:06 |Display all floors

April 03 meeting

Participants: gzboston, sam, may, teascent, lucia, sue, sincere, peter, jack, key, oliver, travel,channey,abby, movement, emma,stephen..anyone else? oh, JV and his friend. we are sorry but poorangel is ill today. vivian, I take the chance to wish you will be better soon.

The group can be divided into two teams, Shunde delegation and Guangzhou delegation. haha

Activities:
Killer game (gzboston's proposal, but we did not play the game because the number of participants is inappropriate. a pity)
"Hot "discussion ;
Topics: 1.Does  "slang" help to our English study?
                 Thanks for Oliver proposed this topic, although there is few      people expressed their ideas amid the meeting. I think it worth discussing on this board.
              2. Definition of  a lady & gentelman.
                 Not to say, "travel" refers to a decent lady or gentleman.
              3. JV's proposal for Chinese men's view of their gf or wife:

Do you regard your gf as your property?

Places: Zinc bar
(The place is not suitable for so many ppl gathering, eh, except that the meeting is very nice.)
        a western restaurant
( Very nice talk with emma,lucia,emily and movement, according to sleepye)
Shunde delegation seems to enjoy their dinner very much, sorry but I did not listen to their conversation at the dinner.

At length, I'd say every meeting with you guys proved to be interesting and fun. Thanks for all of your presence.

Thanks JV as usual for his responsibility to be a heart and soul to cheer up the meeting. Thanks gzboston for recommend the book Memoirs of A Seisha to me, I have borrowed it and hope it will enrich my knowledge of Japan and Japanese. Thanks for gzboston offered several journals for us. Anyone of you have taken them away or left them in the bar?? I think it good for some of you take it away since we cannot visit that place frequently. Thanks abby for her witty talk, Thanks emily, lucia, movement, emma for our "secret strategy" :)) Thanks sam for his rejoining us.

Good news for may and travel, the two just found they came from the same town.

Thanks and have a good night and a nice week.
Sleepye

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-3 23:14:28 |Display all floors

Hi All!

ShunDe delegation arrived home save and sound.....

As always had a wonderful time with all you guys. Our new friend that came from BEIJING(yes, yes so far away!) has enjoyed the gathering and said she feels she has a lot of new friends (and especially the handsome and cheerful boys) in Guangzhou.

Hope to meet ya all again next time!

JV

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-4 07:34:37 |Display all floors

Well, everytime I learn something

Hi everyone, nice to see some old friends and meeting many new ones.

JV, can tell me again the name of that book about Juda written by your uncle? I am always looking for new books to read, and those banned by the church would be even better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-4 11:43:46 |Display all floors

slangs and English study, please refer to this thread , welcome to contribute

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/forumpost.shtml?toppid=342512

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-4-4 11:45:07 |Display all floors

how a wonderful afternoon in yesterday's gathering

sam-lee
+ Send message
+ Posts: 61
+ Joined:
   2003-09-03
  A lot of friends attended (more than 20 pals)yesterday's gathering in Zine book bar. Altough the area is a little small, the atmosphere is so good. We have a hot discussion during the gathering especially between Abby & Oliver Aha. Since the gathering is so enjoyable, I am looking forward to the next one. Thanks for everybody. Have nice working day.

2005-04-04 10:40

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.