Author: cogito

China is THE GREATEST COUNTRY in the world, and here is why [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-23 21:06:19 |Display all floors

mmm

"In time we are sure they will return to the fold of the Confucian sphere of influences."

After Taiwan eh?  Time to reclaim the lost provinces of Japan and Korea?  

Who's this 'we' anyway?  Are you the collective consciousness of the Chinese people manifesting on a website?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-23 23:09:22 |Display all floors

nope

I have nothing to contribute.  I'm merely here for a laugh.

I could pick holes in pretty much all of that but it's just too easy.  I don't believe it's a genuine post anyway.  It couldn't possibly be.

Cogitotheangler  -  you da man!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 08:38:03 |Display all floors

The..........!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 08:46:37 |Display all floors

pace!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 09:43:20 |Display all floors

dispute

In time we are sure they will return to the fold of the Confucian sphere of influences.

Well i would dispute that fact, as i am sure would others.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 14:19:48 |Display all floors

wrong tense

China was a great civilization, was, not is. I can't think of anything significant China contributed to the betterment of this world in the last 1000 years. Unless you think zillions of useless little red books advanced the cause of humanity?
It will be back after a couple thousand years in deep slumber and regain its righful place, no doubt about it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-24 16:33:26 |Display all floors

why greatest?

China is a great country, it's OK.  But to say that China is the greatest country, that makes the other countries inferior.  It is not OK.

How do you define great, and less great?  One unified government is great or not?  long history is great, or not?

Cogito master, you sound racist or nationalist.   This is not good.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.