Author: cogito

The Da Vinci Code [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-21 01:11:34 |Display all floors

Not as good as his earlier books

Well, good to know many people are reading..

Da Vinci Code, I read this last year. I actually bought the paperback before in China as it is not yet available in US, since the hardcover still sells quite well, so the publisher decided to release paperback in June this year.

The 1st half is good, typical Dan Brown, but the rest I thought was rather sloppy. The only bright spot was in the last riddle, which I thought was quite clever.

If you like this book, I would highly recommend his first book with Robert Langdon's adventure, "Angels and Demons". Unlike the Da Vinci Code, which I got really bored towards the end, Angels and Demons really kept me engaged all the way through. His even earlier book, "Deception Point", was also quite good.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 09:43:23 |Display all floors

How about his other books?

I read the Da Vinci code and bought his other books, eg. digital fortress, angel and demon, and etc.  

I liked Da Vinci code very much and heard that his Angel and Demon is even better.  What are your opinions?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 10:40:41 |Display all floors

Hey cogito, why not recommend more good books here?

I am fed up by meaningless fighting and biting too. Feel good to see post on reading here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 13:04:35 |Display all floors

Quite some display of anti-catholic erudition

Well done, Dan Brown!

Dave Brown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 13:12:28 |Display all floors

another good one that.....

settled the base of the Catholic church in Rome on fire.

"Direct from the Golgota"
Author: Gore Vidal

Can you imagine that the guy who was crucified is not really Jesus but it was Judas?

Can you imagine that a TV channel has discovered a system to go back in time and air "live" the crucifixtion?

All that and much more......for example Jesus is presented as a homosexual (absolutely true!)

If you get the oportunity just read it. It's worth it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 13:36:33 |Display all floors

Thank you for the BBC article, daydreamer66 !

The Da Vinci Code sells here in HK for 85 HKD paperback, and 280 HKD hardcover (far more expensively than $24.95 hardcover in US)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-21 13:53:53 |Display all floors

You are welcome! My friend recommended me to read"水煮三国",anybody have read th

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.