Author: gyom2004

If you were me, would you stay with that girl? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-12 06:24:44 |Display all floors

Longzhou, You are absolutely wrong ! We are not talking about legal issue but mo

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT PROPERTY RIGHT UNDER THE CAPITALISM BUT MORAL ISSUE IN ANY SOCIETY WHETHER IT IS IN AMERICA OR CHINA !! GOT IT !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-12 08:42:11 |Display all floors

moral issue---what if I donate the gifts I received to the needed persons

If I don't have the money to buy something for persons I care, can I share the happiness of receiving gifts with others by donating my gifts?
I'd surely do that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-12 09:48:43 |Display all floors

selrhac

I already clarified at the end of my post that according to morals, the position depends on each and everyone of us. You might think something is right while your neighbour thinks it is wrong.

If the girl sold out the jacket again, maybe she acted morally wrong, according to some of us, such is so. But not according to HER morals. Now let's ask this question here. Who is entitled to judge somebodies morals? Who is entitled to decided if a certain action is morally right or wrong?

If you break into a farm and steal two eggs; technically you're a thief! If you do that because you have not eaten for the past week, because you were lost in the middle of the woods and got to that farm and noboy was there and you just ate them......morally you're in a different position.

I remember my years in University one of the subjects I enjoyed most was Ethics.; which is very close to Morals, by the way.

Back to the jacket. A question for you. Say you were given a gift from a friend and that you keep for years. One day you decide to move your home and you are going to get rid of some objects, that one between them, but you are no longer in touch with that friend. How would you act? Would you sell it? Would you give it away? Would you just throw it? Whatever! But the answer is only inside you. Your MORALS will guide you, but whatever you decide there will always be someone who disagrees with you.

Anyways...I suppose there as many opinions a people on the earth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.