Author: gyom2004

If you were me, would you stay with that girl? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-9 20:20:52 |Display all floors

I am glad we have a heated discussion in this topic which is actually very impor

"Jacket" means so much to everyone in North America and they will even kill you to get your "jacket" or rob you not for the money but for the "jacket".

I have a few "jackets" that I will never sell, or obtain refund from a gift because the logo on the back of the "jacket" means so much to me.

Giving a jacket as a gift means more than "thank you", appreciation or expression of love. The jacket served as "social need satisfaction" and also serve in a group dynamic that you belongs to certain groups with the logo on the back of the jacket. This is not necessary true in this case.

For example, a "L.A. Laker" jacket costs USD $200.00 and you will never sell the jacket but wear and show off to all your friends and the person who gave to you as a gift. I hope she learned a lesson in this case.

<<I do not want to participate in this heated argument because it simply reflects the ignorance of Ms. MakeLove0369. Ms. MakeLove0369 certainly makes a fool of herself and does not understand the meaning of gift !!!>>>>>>

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 11:10:44 |Display all floors

perhaps you are unbelieving!

i agree with the mkszlove0910. i want to remind you that if the jacket is on sale maybe it is not allowed to refund.so you should talk with her and she will tell you why she want to keep the receipt.
good luck to you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 11:50:38 |Display all floors

Your decision?

i don't think yr decision works. Don't expect girl to know your mind automaticlly. If you don't say, she won't know. Why not talk to her directly? Don't be so closed!  ppl make lots of mistake by guessing others will understand them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 12:14:58 |Display all floors

good advice to you

No need to trace back what’s her motivation for the refund, it’s no doubt to find that this girl’s is not a decent girl. A decent girl may never has such a naïve, ridiculous requisition, even if she did, she should tell you the reason why. If she really needs money, she should discuss with you accordingly, since you’re her boy friend.

It’s not difficult to find that this girl may not love you, if she really loves you, she must have touched what’s your feeling. What brings you(two) together is base on her materialism; she is just like a sucking ghost, to suck your money out and leave you until you are totally broke.

For some who twisted the facts to back up your girl friend’s refund, we are lucky to find that it’s only a minority.  There is still very large amount of people whose oppose your girl behavior.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 14:05:39 |Display all floors

another angle think this problem

I do not agree with u for it is her right to deside how to deal with the guy's present.Actually it may hurt the boys deeply .perhaps the girl want another thing rather than the jacket.Pls read between the lines and just take it easy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 14:15:45 |Display all floors

I think we have 2 camps here, the Chinese girls think it is their right to do w

Those Chinese girls/women think once a man gave a gift to them, it is their right to do anything with the gift.

But this is a "jacket" and suppose to wear for her friend, to show "her appreciation" for the friendship and not to ask for the receipt.

It is very tacky to ask for receipt and I will never give the receipt to anyone.

The women think men are stupid and do not know what they do with the gift !

I have given many diamonds to my ex- and they sold those diamonds for 10%-20% of the value in the pawn shops. What a waste of money and love and energy into those "money-sucking" women !!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-10 14:47:55 |Display all floors

I think we have camps here, the Chinese girls think it is their right to do with

Yes, no wonder you can find too may sucking grils in this thread,

It's need time to educate their valuation, since China is only in the early process of  developing economics, all the burden are given to men!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.