Author: gaofeilong

Marriage advice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-12 16:36:34 |Display all floors

I didn't expect....

To have my questions explore so many areas.
I can appreciate the balance in the responses.  In the more mundane, I certainly appreciate all the advice and it helped.  

From my perspective, I've traveled the world for over 30 years and have experienced many cultures and thoughts.  Mysogeny?  I'm often troubled by the way women are treated in many countries, both Asian and Western but yet I didn't feel that was exactly where he was coming from.  Caution...sure.

I am most fortunate to have been absorbed by a wonderfully traditional Chinese family whom were quite against our relationship at the beginning.  I can also say that they have given to me much more than anything of value I could give them.

I feel at home here hence the question about permanent residence.  Seems like I have 2 opposite answers.
Has anyone reading this married a Chinese woman and been granted permanent residence?  Acquired property?
Thanks all for the energetic dialogue!
G

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-12 16:36:48 |Display all floors

I didn't expect....

To have my questions explore so many areas.
I can appreciate the balance in the responses.  In the more mundane, I certainly appreciate all the advice and it helped.  

From my perspective, I've traveled the world for over 30 years and have experienced many cultures and thoughts.  Mysogeny?  I'm often troubled by the way women are treated in many countries, both Asian and Western but yet I didn't feel that was exactly where he was coming from.  Caution...sure.

I am most fortunate to have been absorbed by a wonderfully traditional Chinese family whom were quite against our relationship at the beginning.  I can also say that they have given to me much more than anything of value I could give them.

I feel at home here hence the question about permanent residence.  Seems like I have 2 opposite answers.
Has anyone reading this married a Chinese woman and been granted permanent residence?  Acquired property?
Thanks all for the energetic dialogue!
G

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.