Views: 5639|Replies: 19

have you ever been afraid of death? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-3-6 20:41:17 |Display all floors
We know it that no one is mortal in this living world, although it is hard for us to accept, we still have to face it sooner or later. However, are you afraid of death? And have you ever experienced hanging between the real world and another world(heaven)? After recovering, how do you think about life?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 21:08:41 |Display all floors

In my dreams...

I die in almost all my dreams.

In one of my funniest dream, I was waiting on the launch pad for the Space shuttle to lift off, then suddentlty the big fuel reservoir fall on me and explode. Then I died...

I think that we are all afraid of dead, I would rather say in which condition we will die. After death it is the unknown world. I just expect that we don't have to live another life on this f.ck planet...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 21:13:33 |Display all floors

life...

life brought to this world by my mum could give me a chance to expose to lots of  imaginative experiences.without of my existence of my parents ,death will never be a obstacle to me ,we are getically disintigated or  degraded ,nothing to worry,it never be more natural.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-6 21:34:37 |Display all floors

How about regarding death as a kind of growth?

Would you understand death this way?
Death is a kind of growth, we grow, so we die. But death is the last period of our growth. After we die, our bodies will turn into the simplest chemical elements to nourish the soil, so that life will go on.

How about regarding death as a kind of growth?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-7 00:15:36 |Display all floors

not really

not that i'm suicidal,i don't take it as an escape.nor do i believe in after life or heave and hell.i just grew up hearing too much about death from my mother and my aunt,now from my grandma.they are happy people but really don't take life seriously

to me,death is part of the plan,it gives meaning to everything,including life.since there's nothing we can do about it when it really comes,why waste time worrying about it?

i don't have to live to 100 to realize there isn't much in life any more when you reach a certain age.what i love about death is that it saves us from suffering senility
my grandma is 95 this year,she's been ready for death since decades ago.the white color of the 'death suit' she made at 60 is turning yellow each year,she used to put it under the sun once a year until she reached her 90.at 93,she stopped celebrating her birthday
her health is declining,too.she can barely see or hear,but she is never tired of talking to people even when we are tired from her stories.and her memory,especially of the past is amazingly vivid,i guess the only things functioning well are her brain and her false teeth.
for her age,it's not easy to go with the times even though she does try,no one blames her.but when she feels out of the world,she feels even lonelier.we try to make her feel better by saying 'yes' to everything she says.but i can tell it's not helping
another thing that we try to convince her is that she's not a burden.sometimes she just hates herself for the extra work she creates for her children.but she won't believe me if i tell her we are happy to be needed,as much as she does
every little thing makes her crave for death.but somehow i don't think she hates life,i think it's the aging that is torturing her,which eventually lead to her urges to die
and no,it's not her nature to be pessimistic.it's just something that often happens when you are old and bored of life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-7 01:03:29 |Display all floors

I have seen so many death (thousands and thousands) and almosts experienced deat

It is very personal and "moving" experience that I had experienced to "participate" in so many death it totally changed my life. I had seen 6 year old girl being shot to death by a drunk, so many old men died of different diseases in nursing homes, hopsitals, veterans old homes (and no one cares !!)

It makes me wondered only if people knows "we all die one day" Why steal, harass others, set other people up, suppress others and do so many bad things in this life !! May be it is "greed" that makes all of us to do these?

I also faced death a few times in split seconds when my car swirled around in the icy road in the cold winter and crossed the medium and facing the on-coming 18-wheel tractor-trailer. This near-death experience totally changed my life and I wondered if people understands motor vehicle accident is No.2 cause of death among teenagers and suicide is number one cause of death among teenagers. What a waste of life if we , Chinese adopt American lifestyle and become "Americanization" We are going to see our young sons driving BMW and Benz and crashed in icy roads in the winter time and ended their life prematurely !! What a tragic moment when economic growth brings the living standard up to par with the developed countries !!!

The so-called near death experience with white light is nothing more than your brain generated malfunctioned biochemical signals and in some cases temporarily shut down the brain functions and exhibits a white light experience.

The brain can in many different circumstances ceases to function but able to recover such as exposure to very cold winter temperature at -40 degree and your brain may be able to recover because all the cellular structures ceased to function temporaily and actually  preserved the anatomical structure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-7 01:17:54 |Display all floors

It is very interesting that on the second floor of the hospital, while someone

That's life !

It is only through those experience of birth and death that I understand "children are precious" and we must stop indiscriminate death by the barbaric and brutal aggressors in Iraq and embrace peace and use our economic and military power wisely.

This century will belong to the Chinese but we must be very prudent, humble and wise to use such power in the world to bring "peace and harmony" instead of aggression against other nations and steal natural resources such as oil in the name of western democracy and invades other nations and slaughtered more than 150,000 civilians in Iraq !!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.