- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 472 Hour
- Reading permission
"Canada, by all means, has the highest immigration rate per population among G-7 nations and create an abundance of immigrants results in doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers working in factories making $10.00 an hour."|
ummm...where did you get your information? The Encyclopedia of Hysterical Nonsense?
Why do you think Canada has such a high immigration rate? Let me give you a few hints:
1) Cultural Diversity. Canada ENCOURAGES its immigrants to retain and practice their cultural beliefs. We do not try to play the "When in Rome do as the Romans do" game.
2) Friendliness. Canadians are among the friendliest people in the world.
3) A stable economy.
4) Jobs. We encourage professionals from other countries to come and work in Canada. If you have job skills that our country needs, such as doctors and nurses, for example, we welcome you.
5) A constitution that recognizes that ALL people are equal. It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation, age, height, weight, pimples, etc.
6) Human Rights and priviledges. In China, if anyone suggests ways to improve...say, living conditions, they are politely(?) reminded to "not meddle in the internal affairs of the country", and "when in Rome...." In Canada, we do not treat women like second-class citizens. There has been many a time, when I have heard the man in the apartment above me practicing his punching skills on his wife. I have seen her go down the stairs on more than one occasion suffering from a black eye, and cut lips. In Canada, that sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable and is Illegal. It's supposed to be in China, as well, but for some reason, here, laws are there to be ignored.
7) Living conditions. Sure, Canada has its share of homeless people. Every country does. Some of them are there out of necessity, others are that way because they choose to be, but overall, we have some of the best living conditions in the world.
8) Universal Health Care. Universal Health Care in China...and many other countries...consists of "pay me first, and if it's enough money, I'll have a look at you." I saw a man in a hospital in the North die because neither he, nor his family had enough money for complete treatment. he was given partial treatment...what the family could afford...and ended up dying as a result. As a matter of fact, I suffered a shoulder injury my first month in this country. After a year, it still hasn't healed properly. When I went to the hospital, the very first thing they wanted to give me was an injection. That was even before I had the X-ray!!
9) Freedom. Freedom of expression. Freedom of Religion. Freedom to choose, etc.
10) Free education from Kindergarten to grade 12.
Need I go on?