Views: 6557|Replies: 11

What will Taiwan benefit if reunification?? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-12-10 12:55:26 |Display all floors
PLease help me. i m doing my big presentation on Taiwan Issue. I m in favour of China reunification and i think it is absurd to delcare that Taiwan is an independent country. there are many benefits for Taiwan if it goes back, such as for the economy, etc. But i m not quite clear about that, give me some ideas please, what will Taiwan benefit if reunification/?

The reason why the majority of Taiwanese want independence is that they cannot see the benefits for going back, instead the Taiwan politians always try their best to show the shortcomings of returnin to China.      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-11 18:49:41 |Display all floors

support my messege haha^^

no one replied me, so sad, it really seems Taiwan cannot benefit much from reunification????????

what can i say then?   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-11 19:42:03 |Display all floors

Maybe...

Maybe the reason Taiwan cannot see any benefits to reunification with
China is that, um, there isn't any?

Do not assume that others are stupid and cannot see for themselves
what's good for them.  If there were overwhelming benefits, I can guarantee
you that Taiwan would be begging for unification.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-3 21:28:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-4 14:25:36 |Display all floors

Reply #1 kitty_joy's post

Taiwan is a complicated case!

So, you want to know more facts.....

HO HO HO

If Mr. CaringHK, Whampoa, and others would add points, i would join in.....
for safety lar!

HA HA HA

Green DRagon
Game Master

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-4 19:20:04 |Display all floors
Yeah, generally speaking, all the benefits accrue to the PRC. There is no benefit for TWN. It's the same as with Hong Kong and Macau, they didn't really benefit from reunification. The only time anyone benefits from a reunification is when a smaller, poorer part is integrated into a larger, wealthier part.
"Justice prevails... evil justice."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2010-1-5 05:43:27 |Display all floors
You could make the argument that Taiwan would gain favor with china and perhaps benefit from a closer trade relationship.  And as china rapidly develops, taiwanese business could stand to make large sums of money (and by extension taiwanese citizens employed by those businesses) without political roadblocks between the 2 countries.  Course there are tradeoffs...
Don't tread on me

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.