Author: cogito

The most patriotic shopping mall in China ! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-24 20:20:45 |Display all floors

Yes, the designer loves our country. But, What a bad design.

Looking at the picture, the first word comes to my mind is " CHEAP".
But not the red flags.
The mall is terribly designed. The mall and the city needs a better looking. I have to say this is a low class mall. Idon't feel like to go shopping there. If I use one word to describe the mall, I had to say "Gan Lao" in cantonese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-25 22:37:55 |Display all floors

low class mall?

So the so-called "high class" shopping malls in Shenzhen, such as the Citic Plaza mall, are for uncultured idiots to burn money. Compare the prices in Citic Plaza, for example, to those in similar HK malls, and you have a good feel as to who actually shops there :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 19:33:35 |Display all floors

Nice pic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-30 22:25:18 |Display all floors

Reply #2 myfriend's post

I love the photo, it look great with the show of patriotism.  
I am moved by positive comment in this thread.

I also like your call to Chinese to work together to build a greater China. What and How do we do that  to keep improving ?

I think all patriotic Chinese can contribute to build a progressive China. We should dig deep to find out what and how can be done. Positive and pro-active attitude and participation is the necessity to initiate contribution.

I like to see some of us come out with some project we can do together to help build a greater China.

Some idea to consider :-

1) Charity organizations to help the sick who can not afford medical care.
2) Education - promote creativity and doer mental attitude and less whining
3) Chinese habit - removing some bad habit such as smoking and improving public health hygiene
4) Improving communication skill between public and government in a positive way .

Got to go now to airport. More later

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-12-31 02:47:02 |Display all floors
Originally posted by mallorylv at 2005-2-24 20:20
Looking at the picture, the first word comes to my mind is " CHEAP".
But not the red flags.
The mall is terribly designed. The mall and the city needs a better looking. I have to say t ...

Looks pretty good actually, from this picture, I'd say the place looks on-par with any main stream city malls in the U.S.
In any case, all the shoppers in that picture don't seem to mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2006-1-5 05:01:03 |Display all floors
Very patriotic but i bet all the shops are stocked with Western goods or Westernised goods. 99% of the goods are made with Western Technology and designs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2008-12-27 03:09:34 |Display all floors

Nice mall...

And nice flags ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.