Author: dongzhx

Forum announcement: No personal attacks allowed  Close [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-21 13:17:51 |Display all floors

A more friendly environment again.

It is indeed a pleasure to see the marked improvement which has come over this forum since your announcement. Thank you.

However there are a limited number of forumites who still do not understand that they are the problem and not the solution. They are espousing the need to have restraint and objectivity as if it is " the others " who are gulity and they are purer than the driven snow.

The other is a request to the moderators to screen the substance of posts submitted. With any reputable forum eg; BBC " have your say " one does not have one's message in print automatically.  One has to earn the right with a good message before it is published. I feel that too many forumites here have the mistaken idea that all their posts must be published. If ' deleted ' then a tirade of abuse against the moderators come forth with accusations of lack of free speech  etc etc. I feel the moderators have an unenviable job ; they are damned if they do and they are damned if they don'e. I would like to see them take the right tract in insisting that only worthwhile posts are published. And is their call and their call alone.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-21 22:58:00 |Display all floors

Please no

This would surely be worse as then you will only hear one side. Is that what you really want?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-23 01:46:17 |Display all floors

kwok_ho

The reason the BBC only publishes some comments is that:

a) They don't want any offensive comments to go up at all.
b) They have so much interest that they couldn't possibly let everyone do that.

No offence to CD, but the interest in it isn't nearly as great as that in the BBC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-23 09:52:28 |Display all floors

Quality and not quantity eh ?

I cannot agree with you more mencius , it is the quality a forum should sought and not rubbish by the buckets. The BBC has its deserved reputation and prestige I grant you but this CD forum in English is also doubling up as a classroom for those whose English is not fully polished, to participate. No matter what a forum's aims or targets are , to allow the ill-mannered and ill-tempered to run it as if it is their own fiefdom is not on. It is better to shut it down then for it to be used as a rubbish tip.
I congratulate the moderators again. So far over the last week, there has been a decidedly fresher and more fragrant air blowing thorugh.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-24 11:33:07 |Display all floors

Fresher air?

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-24 14:42:38 |Display all floors

Huh?

No personal attacks? What will you guys have to talk about now?
:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-25 21:24:16 |Display all floors

kwok_ho

Well if ChinaDaily actually enforced their own regulations we wouldn't have this problem. I think everyone should have their say, provided that they are curteous and civilised - which some are not.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.