Author: rethink

The Japanese view of the Chinese Civilization [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-17 10:00:38 |Display all floors

Nobias

You may be right when talking about those who care about such discussions as Sino-Japanese relations and alike and these people are the relevant ones in our context.

That is because of the complicated background between these two countries. I was told by a friend who’s Japanese is much better than me, that the bbs forum in Japan are having more hatred than Chinese. In ours, we talked about subjects such how brutal Japanese were, never forget the Rape of Nanjing, stop buying Japanese, defense Diaoyutai and getting our country strong. Whilst in Japanese forum, they talked (seriously, as my friend comment) how to seek Chinese weak point, how to destroy China and breakup the country into seven and so on. The ‘no tolerance’ attitude is at least equal with that in Chinese forum if not more.

May be I am not aware if some foreigner having bad experience in China, and I am not giving excuse for treating foreigners unfairly. I know a case that a Japanese man forced a restaurant waitress to knee for apologize of alleged ‘poor service’ in Wuhan. Can you said that Japanese is innocent and the criticize he drawn is unfair?

We sometimes also used English words between our sentences to make better understanding for items we all know. It is becoming more often than, said some ten years ago. Especially when you know the one talking to you are having special reason. We will just said to ourselves, ‘ah, he is from Hong Kong’ or ‘she is not Chinese’. I think you may more often been told: ‘Hey, you are petty good in Chinese!’

Mind you, Chinese behaviors are not unique. People from different provinces may act differently. Some attitude towards foreigners may be just a protection to themselves as they did not understand the language. Besides, compare with unfair treatment to their own countryman, these hostile towards foreigners may just went unnoticed.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.