Author: fire139

which job is better? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-22 20:43:26 |Display all floors

challenge! change! choice!

make yourself turn to "3C", chanllenge ! change ! choice!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-22 23:08:16 |Display all floors

hi fire

i have the same feeling as you now, my current job has no pressure, no burden, steady income, but the salary is little compare to others,one company offered me one job, it's my favorite--telecommunication industry,

why cannot  i leave, to quit my current job , the big issue is that i have to look after my 4-year-old daughter, she need me care, my wife is on her business in beijing and she cannot get back to my side in the lattest years,

i am tired of my current job through, i have to sacrifice myself's favorite and continue to do the last thing i have to do , she is my daughter and need care.

maybe few years later, the moment my wife come back from beijing and my daughter is grow old enough to look after her at some measure. i think it's the right time to concern myself's favorite, i cannot risk the potential shortcomings she will have in nature if long time lacked the care of the DOUBLE parents.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-24 20:28:27 |Display all floors

hi! ttsstttst!

hi,ttsstttst,your story moves me so much!
it's really difficult that a man can make such a big sacrifice for the family!
i need to learn from you! i love my child too,he is a quite clever and handsome boy.he can play piano and  paint  as well. i think ,no matter how i choose ,i will love my child carefully.
thank you .  
best wishes for you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-24 20:46:30 |Display all floors

i have ever wavered

hello.xiphoid,i have ever wavered just as you said.
it's not easy for a woman to change her role in the family.my husband is not bad.he loves me and look after the family carefully.he  just lost his job recently.i make great efforts to change my ideas in order to meet the new situation.
no matter what i choose ,i will maintain the family.i need to be a bit stronger.
best wishes for you .may you happpy every day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-25 15:29:15 |Display all floors

ho

Ho biz seems to be the best but it's not safe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-25 21:11:30 |Display all floors

Ms Fire139, I hope you take my advice seriously and follow through very carefull

Dear Ms. Fire 139,

Life is very complicated and despite there are so many postings about your situation.
I would like to give you the best advice and hope you can follow through.

I highly recommend you to keep your civil servant job and do not venture into the hotel industry as the vice-president despite there is promise of better opportunity, better salaries, and more challenges.

Your situation illustrates so called "opportunity cost". The benefit of keeping a civil servant job despite slightly lower salary, little challenge and may be little advancement but your civil servant job allow you " a piece of mind"--"stability".

On the other hand, once you resign from your job in the government and venture into private tourism business, the responsibility is much greater and your performance will determine your outcome of your job. It may sound better now but in the "long run", you should not gamble your life away on such high risk adventure which may eventually backfire and you will lose your job as senior vice-president if the business does not pick up and make a profit for the company. I really hope you take my advice and go for "stability" instead of high-risk, high roller job which eventually will backfire and lose it ALL !

Sincerely,

Dr. Lovejoy Harvard University, USA

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-26 23:12:10 |Display all floors

thank you,dr. lovejoy

thank you very much,dr. lovejoy,it's my honour to have received your fine instruction.
thank you ,all friends who replied me.
i had a talk with my husband yesterday.he turned to understand me and give me some good advice.
i feel much better now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.