Author: greenpappaya

Come on guys, give me your advice! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-17 00:44:47 |Display all floors

All your comments are valuable to me!

I appreciate xiphoid, nidsea, dreamrider, raydiamond, redwood and linvshi. I can see you guys really wanted to be of help with my confusion. I will think over your advice but I won't underestimate the difficulty in changing my perception.

Bittai and claudius: I do not have an intention to live in China permanently.  I do enjoy my life here in China for the time of being, mostly from my career's perpective. However, wherever my love is would be the place I would like to live permanently.  Thanks for your analysis as well.

Last but not the least - poor-yankee: I believe you were speaking from your heart, your own heart. But you did not and cannot speak for all your fellow white guys here.  One has a right to look for and eventually luckily get one's true love.  The fact that you (or maybe and your buddies) want a doll woman is totally fine to me and I wish you good luck. That only makes you and me are not being each other's consideration!

By the way, I am cute :-) and I can give plenty of sex without question to the right guy;  and I will be a loving mother to my children.  All those are no contradiction with what I've achieved!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 15:23:05 |Display all floors

All your comments are valuable to me!

My point is, men accept a woman for "who she is." Women expect much more than "just being a man."

Example1: A young wealthy MALE executive is having dinner. The serving girl is cute, so he asks her for a date and possible marriage.

Example 2: A young wealthy FEMALE executive is having dinner. The serving guy is cute. She will NEVER ask him for a date and possible marriage. He is not "good enough" for her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 16:25:15 |Display all floors

get out more

Therefore there is almost no chance for me to get to know new people in my daily life!

You dont have to drink in bars or clubs.

You can take in part in sports or other activities.

I came here alone from England and I have made friends of differing nationalities, and even other connections....

Not saying your a bad person, but that statement seems implausible to me, especially so in a big city in China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 16:45:01 |Display all floors

that is so true

Example 2: A young wealthy FEMALE executive is having dinner. The serving guy is cute. She will NEVER ask him for a date and possible marriage. He is not "good enough" for her.

So true in the west and now in China.....very good statement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 19:19:46 |Display all floors

Perfect match...

greenpappaya writes to poor_yankee:
" That only makes you and me are not being each other's consideration!"

Hey hunny, don't be so quick to slam the door,opposites attract. Perhaps I am the perfect match you need, and you don't recognize it. After all, you posted here because you're having problems finding a mate, right? Well, maybe not RECOGNIZING the perfect mate is the REAL problem?
  What do you want, a "wishy washy" man that speaks like a French girl and has credentials that match your own?
  Or a "blood and guts" kind of a man that speaks from his heart, stands up to others, and speaks with authority!
  You really need  the "blood and guts" kinda man like me, that can make you feel good about being a woman. It's time you realize what you need.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 20:10:44 |Display all floors

Poor-Yankee, that's some funny shism

Blood and Gut's type of guy!?!
Guy who speaks like a french girl?!

HAHAHAH  damn this is one of the funnier posts i've read when you take it in context with the topic of discussion.

GreenPapaya.  There are plenty of asian guys who are educated in the west, and have returned like yourself.  They are westernized in thinking and way of life, and yet may carry chinese traditional values.  You just have to relax and let yourself explore all possibilities.. you never know.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-17 21:02:40 |Display all floors

is that true?

"Example 2: A young wealthy FEMALE executive is having dinner. The serving guy is cute. She will NEVER ask him for a date and possible marriage. He is not "good enough" for her."

The problem is the waiter will never look like "Blood and Gut's type of guy" as it won't fit his job, otherwise the wealthy female executive would say "YES."

All women like Blood and Gut's type of guy", especially for career successful women.

Greenpapaya, you are a very smart girl and all you need is just to do more homework and never lose your faith that you will find the right guy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.