Author: greenpappaya

Come on guys, give me your advice! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-15 18:42:39 |Display all floors

Maybe before finding your life-long partner,

you should solve some contradictions within yourself?

You prefer to date caucasians, but you moved back to China and see your future here. Eventhough there is a reasonable amount of caucasians in Beijing, I think most of them (Incl. me for example) will not want to spend here the rest of their life, eventually.

I think the best solution for you is to find someone more or less like yourself - Overseas Chinese who wants to continue his Chinese heritage in China.

Thats my sincere suggestion. I don't share your opinion that Chinese men treat their women worse then us (Eventhough I am not Chinese and never dated Chinese men :)). I just think they show their affection in different ways, which we might find hard to accept. I have the same trouble when I date Chinese women, I am pretty sure they find it irritating too.

Hope you'll find what you're looking for soon..

Yi Tai.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-15 19:02:09 |Display all floors

Hmmmm ....

Sorry, greenpappaya, it is hard to feel much sympathy for you.

You are looking for a life partner in China, but automatically dismiss 99.9% of the available men from the equation because they are Chinese!

And you THEN dismiss all Caucasians (maybe 95% of the total) who have no intention of living permanently in China!

Then, out of the remaining handful, you would quite rightly subtract those attached Caucasians wanting a "bit on the side".

Then, from your dwindling puddle of suitable SINGLE suitors you would doubtless subtract the old, ugly, under-achieving or obnoxious Caucasians.

And if by some miracle there is anyone left as a potential partner, you then have to embark on what would be STEP ONE one for the rest of us ... trying to ascertain whether or not there is a shared physical chemistry, similar interests and outlooks, and so on!

Is it no wonder you are still single?

Be Zen and Taoist, go with the flow of the current, and don't cry over a failure to achieve the well nigh impossible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-15 19:55:40 |Display all floors

try a different city

Maybe you need to move around and try a different city  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-15 20:18:54 |Display all floors

overseas returnees

Overseas experience counts some, but it's that person's ability that finally works. If you can not go along well with Chinese guys, can you go along well with other guys? It's a question.

I saw a TV programme some time ago on the problems of overseas returnees. It said many of them have problems with their bosses, their companies, the locals. But if you take a look at some successful returnees, you will find they were confident already before they left their home country, overseas experience only makes them better, more understanding about his own culture and gives them the ability to start his own career.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-15 22:12:14 |Display all floors

change your attitude first

I do sympathize with your situation, but I can sense your arrogance and bias from what you said. First, you dismiss all the Chinese men, then you dismiss most white guys in China. If you are really that smart, you should know where to find your true love and life partner. Maybe the problem is your attitude, has it ever occured to you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-16 09:22:21 |Display all floors

Give me your advice!

You say you want a "nice guy."
I would wager, if the nice guy was a lowly auto mechanic, you would not be interested.

You've stayed in the West too long and become WESTERNIZED! American men are tired of "your type" of woman. We search for suitable wifes in Eastern Europe and Asia to get away from "women like you."

We don't need a woman with an MBA, we need a woman that does as she's told,gives opinions only when asked, is cute, gives plenty of sex without question, and is a loving mother to our children.

Good luck finding a man that meets your high standards..LOL

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-16 13:45:00 |Display all floors

Reply: Give me your advice!

"We don't need a woman with an MBA, we need a woman that does as she's told,gives opinions only when asked, is cute, gives plenty of sex without question, and is a loving mother to our children."

Great analysis!

Maybe our little scholar should spend some time in Japan to learn how to be a woman.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.