Views: 2657|Replies: 3

New topic!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-3 08:21:43 |Display all floors
I think that we can all agree on one thing, that love is random and no one can possibly predict who they'll be attracted to.

Any thoughts on the dating game?

I'll be interested to read some different perspectives :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 03:05:05 |Display all floors

I get more fulfilling experience in dating int'l students

As a Chinese guy who is into spiritual exploration and improvement and not a big fan of materialism, i find it much more delightful to date foreign girls who are international students here than to date Chinese girls, general speaking, because usually I can communicate with the former about the realm that is the most important to me but can't with the latter.

Chinese girls on average are very materialistic. Not all of them are, of course, but I'm pretty confident of my rough guess that more than 8 out of 10 are. I don't mean the 80%(+) Chinese girls are money hungry. I do mean, however, they mainly focus on material things such as wealth and a career admired by materialistic people and take little if any interest in transcendencies such as spiritual exploration.

On the other hand, international students devoted to the studies of the Chinese language or medicine, especially the ones from countries where learning Chinese is not considered an investment that pays back well in terms of money, are almost exclusively a bunch of highly idealistic people who have higher pursuits than their own material well-being, just like me. I'm sure there are plenty of Chinese girls like that, too. But they are just so sparsely dispersed in the materialistic crowd and sometimes even marginalized that it takes such great efforts to find them out. Therefore, most girls I have dated in my student life (which ended but several months ago) are international students I bumped into (when I hadn't "worked out the math") or actively seeked. We jive.

Apart from our compatibility in concentrations and weltanschauungen, dating such Western girls also saves lots of procedural and formal troubles that are typical in dating prevailing Chinese girls. I asked out many Western girls I came across on campus for a coffee or to eat out. And 80% of the times we had a great time together. And we would develop it into either fantastic friendship or fanscinating romance. When I tried to approach Chinese girls in the same manner, they got either intimidated or extremely uptight. To get close to them, you need to plot if you don't already know them. And though most girls of all nationalities are her-yes-is-no-no-is-a-maybe cuties when you are dating them, I find it much easier to communicate with Western girls because they spell more out and leave less to the guess work, even when they do, they give you more noticeable and less inscrutible cues than their Chinese counterparts do. I haven't succeeded in sharpen my telepathic and clairvoyant abilities to date prevailing Chinese girls. I don't want mind-reading take too much of  time and energy which can otherwise be converted into passion and sharing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 12:55:05 |Display all floors

greenparty

good points,i share the same views

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-19 13:39:34 |Display all floors

sure

go ahead ,that is mine exactly,

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.