Author: tony955

What do you think of boys of about 32 never have a girl friend? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-1-9 12:39:28 |Display all floors

Maybe

Maybe 32 is not an old age for a man,I think.Man is different from the women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-10 14:28:25 |Display all floors

A piece of advice

Well, if the young gentleman in question does prefer it up the Gary Glitter, and is neverthess Chinese enough to want to be a family man, I suggest he move to Spain, where gay marriages have just been legalised, and adopt a chinese orphan.  :)

Interesting, but unsurprising, that the Gweilo posters automatically speculate that he's a brown hatter (sorry, urbexer, I'm not homophobic but just can't resist the slang), and it takes the Chinese posters a lot longer to catch on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-10 15:01:40 |Display all floors

no worries fella

Interesting, but unsurprising, that the Gweilo posters automatically speculate that he's a brown hatter (sorry, urbexer, I'm not homophobic but just can't resist the slang), and it takes the Chinese posters a lot longer to catch on.

I actually have Spanish citizenship, so that may partly explain some of my non tolerance of homophobes. No worries and an interesting point there...i take it there is not much openness about homosexuality in
China or am I wrong?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-10 15:40:45 |Display all floors

Homosexuality in China

Tolerance of homosexuality is growing on the mainland (though you wouldn't guess it from some of the Chinese posters here, e.g., chairman), though things still have a long way to go before China can be described as "gay-friendly".

I am not sure whether homosexuality has or hasn't been legalized in China yet, but it is legal in Hong Kong, where there's a thriving gay scene.

But even here there's still a fair degree of homophobia. For instance, it is no coincidence that the areas of the SAR where gays can openly congregate are the more westernised areas of Hong Kong island: Lan Kwai Fong and Causeway Bay.

And most gays would still keep their sexual orientation secret from family and colleagues. I have spoken to universirty students who won't dare tell their classmates they're gay, and there's certainly no "gay and lesbian" clubs on any Hong Kong campuses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-10 15:55:28 |Display all floors

None of our business

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-1-10 15:55:29 |Display all floors

None of our business

If he is not thirsty

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.